SearchSearch 

Metro Flight 466 service into San Francisco

Pro Member First Officer
Steve_Iles First Officer

Thanks for looking

Steve

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Steve are you using shockwave lights on your aircraft? It looks like it but it looks different. I just started using them on my airframes and wow what a difference!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

bel whatever he's using it's good 😀 , great shots again Steve particularly 2 and 3 !

Pro Member Captain
Luke (warlord40) Captain

Brilliant as always Steve!

Did your Dragon get tired Welsh?

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

just wonderin steve, what traffic program u use and do u use ground enviroment pro for ur night lighting?

u know the lighting for your aircraft? could you give me the info I need to put in ma cfg's cause i got overland models

Pro Member First Officer
Steve_Iles First Officer

drwhoere wrote:

just wonderin steve, what traffic program u use and do u use ground enviroment pro for ur night lighting?

u know the lighting for your aircraft? could you give me the info I need to put in ma cfg's cause i got overland models

AI is custom built,
Textures I'm using as follows:
Flight Environment (clouds + Sky)
GE Pro (Ground Textures)
Active Sky 6.5 (Weather)
FS Genesis
FS Global 2008
Ultimate Terrain USA
Fly Tampa (KSFO)

The lights are edited via PS CS3

belgeode:- I do have the shockwave lights but haven't had time to install them into the Overland package

Thanks guys

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

any chance you could give me the lights? there cool, and sometime can u help me install tom collins repaints? im having trouble with them

Pro Member First Officer
Steve_Iles First Officer

drwhoere wrote:

any chance you could give me the lights? there cool, and sometime can u help me install tom collins repaints? im having trouble with them

The lights are edited via Photoshop. It's very easy to install. Read the read me and has all the info.

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

install from where? and could u pm me with ur msn s u can help me with toms repaints

cheers

Pro Member First Officer
Steve_Iles First Officer

what paint are you trying to install? If it's an Overland paint do you have the Overland package installed? either the Airbus or Boeing family

Pro Member Trainee
james (blackforce) Trainee

wow how do you get your fs9 so clear? nice shots

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

yes its tom collins repaints for overland, and i do have overland, can you msn me and you can help me?

Pro Member Captain
Steve (SpiderWings) Captain

Very nice shots as always Steve. I really like the third one... lights.

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

ok never mind steve, I thought the repaints would show up in Simmers Sky but they showed up in Airbus catogery, anyway could you give me those lights, im not good with photoshop

cheers mate

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

he said he edited them with photoshop and what do u mean a319 and a320? what are u talkin about

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

no, i couldn't i have the overland models though, both airbus and boeing

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

i haven't, i didnt say i did, but i would like them xD

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

i know im not gonna get them, i got toms repaints working i just want to get those light textures and if possible i want to know how steve gets the Real Environmet Pro water textures into Flight Environment 😀

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

but thats just going in fs9 folder, dont u mean in the flight envirionment folder?

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

Man yall confusing the heck out of me. What do you want the lights?? If you want the lights it looks like by the posts he EDITED them himself via photoshop. Photoshop is a payware program that you can use to edit stuff. If he didnt edit them then he could of downloaded it from avsim, flyaway or some other freeware sight. Also you were talking about flight environment which is another fs payware addon. Its not that hard to install you just buy it and hit install then open up the program and choose what textures you want.

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

i know! i have all the programs he has, he has imported textures from real environment pro into flight environment, and i want to know how to edit those lights to get like his

Pro Member Chief Captain

Use the lens flare filter.

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

how to i open the light in photoshop, where is it located?

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

steve said the lights are edited via PS CS3=Photoshop CS3

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

@ belgeode, i got photoshop and that crap, how do i actually open the light up in photoshop? sorry im thick 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain

You do not "open up" the lights in photoshop... what he most likely did was use the lens flare tool, which creates a bright spot of light as well as the reflections you see elsewhere... basically you tell photoshop where your light source is and how bright it is, and it will render the appropriate lighting and reflection.

All photoshop does is enhance the picture... you cannot manipulate the aircraft itself in the picture.

Pro Member Captain
Luke (warlord40) Captain

belgeode wrote:

All photoshop does is enhance the picture... you cannot manipulate the aircraft itself in the picture.

So what program would in relation to e.g. this plane from Morris?
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/32809/miami-boston-logon/

Pro Member Chief Captain

Looks like the plane itself is dark... he needs to check the texture files to make sure they are set right. Imagetool to possibly convert the texture format, and/or photoshop to lighten it up, then save it back in the format it was in originally.

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

i did those things like steve with the water and that from real environment pro, but im just getting horrible green water

Pro Member Chief Captain

Use the other water setting... there are two of them deep water and bright water.

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

cant find where that setting is, could u give me a screen shot or something?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Not right now... I am at work... when I get home I will.

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

belgeode can you help me install the textures from REP into FE?

Pro Member Chief Captain

No i cannot... I do not think you can do that... BUT...

you CAN manually install the textures into the FS texture folder!!! Just need to find them in the REP folder and copy paste them to the same named file in the FS9/texture folder.

That is how I did it. Takes longer but works like gangbusters!

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

yh i did, but i just had horrible green dark water everytime

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well if you have flight environment... then choose a diff water set. I just changed mine cause all my rivers were summer blue... I wanted brackish brown black.

Working with REP is a pain since you have to find the exact texture files to replace... to be honest the only thing I use NOW from it is the reflection (water)... so I can see the waves move when I fly.

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

well, could you give me you msn or something and you can talk me through it for adding the water propelly? please

thanks for your help