Let we start.

I wanna know how fast i need to ride when i am taxi'ing with a

Boeing 747
Boeing 737

Thanks alot!

11 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
zakk hutton (chez64) First Officer

not too fast below 8kts for 180 turns 10kts for runway turnoffs and about 15-20kts for straight line taxiing good luck

Pro Member Trainee
Tom Walstra (ikkeweer) Trainee

Does everyone agree's?

Thanks anyway! 😛

Pro Member First Officer

different people taxi differently those are MY speeds that i taxi at but have a play around and find what you are comfortable with, dont forget, the big birds can sometimes be a b**** to stop lol 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Real world rule of thumb for smaller types is a walking pace. I'm not sure about larger types, but I'd think each would depend on control. In any larger types I've been in they seem to taxi along pretty fast, but that might be for larger airports and traffic concerns. In sim it's not like you have a large gaggle of aircraft lining up behind you so relax and cruise my man. If you are missing turns or overrunning taxiways, I'd say you're to f'ing fast. 😎

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Hmm, that recalls a story, Years ago while driving limos, we were on the ramp wating for a client with a new King Air 350. As it approaced, It leaned real hard turning off of the taxiway and onto the ramp. It was coming towards us rather fast in my uneducated opinion, but what do I know? I was nervous but didn't really start to worry unitl the Ramp guys all scattered. The aircraft approached under what seemed full power and at the last minute braked really hard almost nose diving. Turns out the guy flying was the company chairman and they'd just bought it, so he wanted to fly I guess.

Pro Member Trainee
BruceHolloway Trainee

I know what you mean and twisting the joy stick (steering and rudder control) is usually over responsive. I find steering using right side numeric keyboard arrows (4, 5 and 6) or the small arrow cluster beside it a little easier when you get the hang of it and F2 / F3 throttle control a little less sensitive for power control. These usually turn out to be good guides for best speed.

Pro Member First Officer

invest in some rudder pedals my friend they are 1000000000% worth the money

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

In a real world airport you will find aircraft taxying at 20kts, from your B737 to your A319. This should go without saying that when turning your speed should be reduced, around 10kts max.

Pro Member Trainee
Kc (puppy-paw) Trainee

i agree!! 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Kc (puppy-paw) Trainee

i know for a fact that you are only ment to got 5-15 km/hr

Just here to help Radar

Pro Member First Officer

yeah then youl get the police force out with the speed cameas lol