Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Login/Server/Account Issues?

Pro Member Trainee
Paul (W5PDA) Trainee

Anybody know what's going on?

I login as normal and try to download FSX planes (yes, I finally bit the FSX bullet) and I get "We are sorry, but you cannot Download this file unless you are a Registered Member, or you are logged into Your Account.
Register Here!"

Then only problem is, I've been a registered user for several years, so I do believe I know how to login Smile

I couldn't get in on my desktop, but I got in after several login attemts on my laptop. Any suggestions?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try a different browser.
If you have problems with one certain one let me know so Flyaway can fix it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Paul (W5PDA) Trainee

I'll try that, but as of this writing, it seems to be an issue with both IE & FireFox. I'll try it later with Safari and Netscrape Very Happy

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

It's possible that you have logged in to JUST the forums. Fix this by logging out completely and re-logging in using the Your Account link at the top of this site.

Pro Member Trainee
Paul (W5PDA) Trainee

It took me several days of experimenting, but I think I've narrowed the problem down quite a bit.

As I'm writing this (on my laptop) I'm downloading a file from flyaway without any noticeable trouble, save for the "limitations" of bandwidth running on a WiMax (Clearwire) connection. I use the "Clearwire Security Suite" and after a bit of routine tweaking, was able to download from flyaway without any noticeable problems.

I now believe the problem lies within the Roadrunner version of the internet security suite from ca.com, as I seem to have an issue with (my desktop) displaying pages with flash/shockwave content, and/or storing cookies. Java (such as pogo.com) was a problem, but now seems to be working properly.

In short, I can do Pogo/AOL games, but I can't Youtube or stampdot.

I've enabled cookies in IE, added individual sites to safe zone and the like, but I'm quite puzzled now. Hopefully one of our more technically-minded members can offer some advice Smile