Buying a 9800GX2... help!

Pro Member First Officer
Vanya First Officer

I recently decided to buy the latest and greatest graphics card: the nVidia eVGA 9800GX2. Even though it might be a few months before I can get my hands on one (I'm a HS student with no job), I decided to start researching the card. I went to amazon and found that they ranged for $529 to $604. Yet to me, they all seem the same. Is there any difference between those cards, or a some people just overly optimistic in their sales prices?

Thanks!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

They'll differ in things like the amount of memory on them, the processor clock speed, number of pipelines for data etc

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Different companies may put addons onto the card, here is the link to the 'factory set' product to make a comparison to the ones your seeing: http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce9.html

Pro Member First Officer
Vanya First Officer

Awesome, thanks for the link, warlord. Provides a nice comparison between the baseline and the one I chose. TTFN

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...