View options problem and Shift Z problem (window.dll error)

Pro Member Trainee
hffin Trainee

Hello!

I am having some problems after a (almost) fresh install of Flight Simulator 2004.
When i press "Shift + Z" to get the FPS and other sht, it doesn't show up at all. Yes, i checked in the key assignments that Shift + Z was assigned to display it but nothing happens.
Second, when i go to "Views", and then "view options", the screen hangs and after 2 minutes i get an error with fs9.exe and window.dll.
I have installed the update and some other addons, like FSUIPC, German airports 1-4, Wilco 737 PIC.
Also, in the "views" menu, the last option in the list contains no text (so it's just blank) and has a checkmark in front of it.
Please help me people......

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Air-Head Trainee

hffin wrote:

Hello!

I am having some problems after a (almost) fresh install of Flight Simulator 2004.
When i press "Shift + Z" to get the FPS and other sht, it doesn't show up at all. Yes, i checked in the key assignments that Shift + Z was assigned to display it but nothing happens.
Second, when i go to "Views", and then "view options", the screen hangs and after 2 minutes i get an error with fs9.exe and window.dll.
I have installed the update and some other addons, like FSUIPC, German airports 1-4, Wilco 737 PIC.
Also, in the "views" menu, the last option in the list contains no text (so it's just blank) and has a checkmark in front of it.
Please help me people......

Sometimes a fresh install is the quicker option... esp if you want to avoid ironing out problems as you mention.
Clearly something is/gotten corrupted, and trying to find the pinpoint cause is going to be like pulling teeth.

As tedious as reinstallation can be, and loading all the addons etc, sometimes it is (as I said) the best approach.

Sorry it doesnt help, but it probably will save time in longer run.

Pro Member Trainee
hffin Trainee

Ok thanks for the reply, i'm gonna do a reinstall and post the result.

hffin

Pro Member First Officer
Concorde105 First Officer

hffin wrote:

after 2 minutes i get an error with fs9.exe and window.dll.

DLL hell!!! Augghhhh!!!! RUN!

Pro Member Trainee
hffin Trainee

Ok people, it's solved. It was a wrong "tweak" entry in entered into the fs9.cfg. I don't know which tho..

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...