Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

My joystick button assignments are being scrambled

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

New problem out of nowhere:

Commands which I've assigned to my joystick buttons (landing gear, flaps up/down, mixture lean/rich) are being repeatedly deleted and changed.

ITS NOT GOOD TO COMMAND GEAR DOWN DOWN AND HAVE THE KNEEBOARD POP UP INSTEAD. Kinda kills the mood of a good approach.

I've been running FS9 smoothly with my Saitek Cyborg Evo stick for years now. What gives?

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

i have been having the same problem with my x52

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

That's a new one to me... never had that issue.

Pro Member First Officer
Concorde105 First Officer

Does anybody else use your account? Idea

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

i THINK i may have solved it.... i hope...

i neglected to mention that the problem started shortly after i installed--for the first time (and for no good reason except i was curious)--the Saitek software. I hadn't used it before and my stick worked just fine without it.

i THINK that any new flights created post-installation used the default button assignments.

SOLUTION: create all future flights from my default flight which has all button assignments freshly loaded in.

I won't know for sure until I run FS for awhile without the bug appearing again, but my fingers are crossed.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

ill have to try that then again my joystick is unplugged most of the time

Concorde105 wrote:

^
only so many people actually play the game and im the only sixth grader in my school that does 0.0

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

Well my brilliant solution doesn't seem to be working... I'm experiencing loss of joystick button assignments in mid-flight.

back to the drawing board...

Pro Member First Officer
Concorde105 First Officer

acepilot32 wrote:

ill have to try that then again my joystick is unplugged most of the time

Concorde105 wrote:

^
only so many people actually play the game and im the only sixth grader in my school that does 0.0

Oh... I might be the only 5th grader in my school to play it also... But that is probably better than the nerds who only talk about Pokemon! Wink

(Sure, I used to play it, got boring about a week ago!) Secret