Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

AI suggestions

Pro Member Chief Captain
JarJarBinks Chief Captain

hey i just d/loaded TTools for AI traffic....are there any other freeware programs that you guys recommend for AI?

"To Protect Life And Property"

GCFD: HQ STA. 1.
Rescue1, Squad1, Engine1, Ladder Tower1, Engine11

Airport STA. 5
ARFF Truck 5 Crash Fire Resc. 11 Engine 5

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

World of AI
Project AI

Pro Member Chief Captain

do you have a link to world of ai?

i just d/loaded project ai not 20 mins ago

Airport STA. 5

Pro Member First Officer
drwhoere First Officer

just google it, it isnt rocket science

Pro Member First Officer
effieveda First Officer

Actually it is. I have the feeling that if it weren't for rockets, there'd be no Google!!!!

Cheers!

Art

Pro Member Captain
warlord40 Captain

Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
belgeode Chief Captain

drwhoere wrote:

World of AI
Project AI

In that order yes... WOAI has the better planes and flightplans.

US AIR TALES- Stories of one man's virtual life as a pilot

Pro Member First Officer
Bartfs First Officer

belgeode wrote:

drwhoere wrote:

World of AI
Project AI

In that order yes... WOAI has the better planes and flightplans.

+ They make more packages.
PAI releases like 1 package every 3 months or so Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Captain
Flyboy92 Captain

PAI is not worth getting, navigating their site is ridiculous and their models and flight plans stink.

www.world-of-ai.com is ten times better. Very easy on the frame rates, you shouldn't see any drop in performance. Their site is easy to get around and it even tells you what airlines fly out of an airport of your choice.

Flyboy92

Pro Member Chief Captain
belgeode Chief Captain

Yup... when i first started collecting AI I was gung ho for PAI, but I have seen the light since WOAI came out with the US Airways package that was so up to date that often times when I fly for virtual USAir I find myself mirroring an AI flight in the database.

World Of Traffic too is good for some airlines, example I completely redid my air jamaica package, removing the god awful PAI version, and downloading, installing, and compiling the WOT one. Absolutely flawless and they look good parked next to them.

Pro Member Chief Captain

question....can i run WOAI and PAI packages at the same time or is it not recommended....

Airport STA. 5

Pro Member Chief Captain
belgeode Chief Captain

You can but you will have a million AI all over the place.

When I had both PAI and WOAI US Airways packages running the airport actually ran out of spots to put them all.

Pro Member Chief Captain

i dont have alot of either about 6 packages each...

Airport STA. 5

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Conclusion

WOAI = Awesome
PAI = Stinks

Please direct your complaints to the moon, they might care there.

Pro Member Captain
warlord40 Captain

Im interested in getting my traffic X, would this be worthwhile? has anybody tried it?

Pro Member First Officer
waj2306 First Officer

Here is my system for adding AI. I was tired of the old useless MSFS AI that was not even close to anything acceptable. Going on a few recommendations here on the forums, I wound up with a great system that works wonders for me.

First, I downloaded all of WOAI files.

Second, I downloaded TTools.

Third, I downloaded a program called "yRoute" http://www.spacejock.com/yRoute.html

Fourth, I downloaded AFCAD.

Now, after reading all the tutorials for these programs, I learned to add/modify the WOAI files to best meet real life schedules.

One project I finished was with my home town AP, Mobile, AL. There were no flight plans or correct AFCAD's out there. Only a limited number of airlines uses KMOB. AAL, COA, DAL and UAL. WAOI has the flight plans for these airlines, but not for the published flight schedules and aircraft. If you research a particular AP, you can determine which AC and exact schedules you will need. As for the AC, it seems that WOAI will have 95% of the base AC you will need. Just add the textures you need.

Here is an example of what I did to get AAL to KMOB: In the WOAI AAL they do not have an ERJ 145 as scheduled for KMOB. I went to my FS aircraft folder and found one from EVAI used for WOAI FINNAIR AI. I found the AAL texture on AVSIM and added that to the WOAI FINNAIR AC file, and, using yRoute, added the exact published schedule and AC to the WOAI AAL AI files. You may have to add the AP, as I did, because WOAI AAL did not add KMOB.

It worked wonderfully!

A word of caution: Search any AI flightplan for the AP your working with to assure it is NOT present before you add any of the same. In the case of WOAI DAL, they have a flightplan for a route to approximatley 34 AP's for the AC with KMOB listed twice. I left their's, andd added my published schedule, avoiding the origins WOAI ARR/DPT times. it works fantastic!

Also, when adding flightpan legs, you must use GMT not local time. Adjust this time for your location: GMT+/-.

Good luck! Hope this helps.