Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

My first real life solo

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

My first solo is on the 14th my birthday. I am flying a 172. I can't wait just the fact that I am going to fly myself for once a bit nerve racking but this sure is very exciting. What was it like when you did your first solo?

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

not sure yet lol. I need 1 more ground lessons to get there. Funny thing is I been at this for around 2 years now cause I have to pay for my flight lessons and well the cost around 150 160 an hour for flying and 150 for 2 hours of ground lessons. But it feels good knowing I paid for all of it by my self so once I do get my lisence I will feel good about myself.

Pro Member Captain
Luke (warlord40) Captain

I feel privilaged to know both of you, and that both of you are forfilling and living your dreams, best of luck fella's

Regards Luke

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Karlw wrote:

My first solo is on the 14th my birthday. I am flying a 172. I can't wait just the fact that I am going to fly myself for once a bit nerve racking but this sure is very exciting. What was it like when you did your first solo?

Rock on Karlw! I bet it is a crazy feeling! Good luck! Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

Thanks all I don't know I guess it like getting married so to speak even though I've never gotten married. But one day those who stand on the ground wishing to be flying will indeed do so. Good luck to everyone and have a safe flight Cheers! Cheers!

Pro Member First Officer
2robplaying First Officer

Great news Karlw, just please don't do what I did and forget which runway is which.I just sat there, for what seemed like forever, tyring to workout if i was pointing the right way of not. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

I hope I don't. Otherwise I will get a stern talking to by the airport unicom Fear

Pro Member Captain
Taylor (Flyboy92) Captain

My first solo is July 19th.

Flyboy92

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

According to my instructors I should have been given my first solo a long time back...but I hope it's quite soon. Btw I have 35 hours on the C172.

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

Good luck with your solo, and most importantly enjoy it!

I did my PPL in the C-152. I did a half hour lesson practicing one or two circuits then the instructor signed me off for first solo. On your first solo you dont do much so that you are not thrown in at the deep end. Just have confidence in yourself, it is not as scary as what it may seem!

Wait until you do your solo-nav!

Once again good luck and enjoy yourself!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

Thanks I will I freak out about it sometimes but not always I am going over my instructors house for the pre solo written today and tomorrow day after and day after that I will be flying the day after that is my birthday as well as the day of my solo. Oh boy here we come Punk Group Wave Read

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Good luck, and let us know how it went for you.

Cheers!

Later ... Art

Pro Member Captain
Duncan (Razgr1z912) Captain

Karlw wrote:

I hope I don't. Otherwise I will get a stern talking to by the airport unicom Fear

Lmao!! I hope not but that gave me a good laugh.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Chief Captain

Great!, mine was on a C-152 as well. What an experience! Smile