Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

New Job

Pro Member First Officer
lds_soldier First Officer

Hey Everyone.

I haven't been on for a while due to my new career choice. I am now a Sonar Technician in the Navy aboard the USS Shoup, a Guided-Missle Destroyer based out of Everett, WA. I am currently deployed to Middle East region. So anything new and exciting going on? I got a $4000 sign on bonus that I expect to buy a new system with when I get back. Any recommendations on that? I've been out of the loop for over a year now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Chief Captain

Um....

is it me or arnt you supost to NOT tell people where your being deployed?

lol you never know who else will look on the thread and wait for you to come.. but i don't think so.

Anyway... good career choice. i'v always thought of the Navy but never liked it. Im more Army then anything.

Pro Member Captain
Luke (warlord40) Captain

^^ hope your superiors arnt lookin through your web history.... hehehe just kiddin Razz

Pro Member Captain
Luke (warlord40) Captain

I think their on to you... I just got a debuging error on my last post....

Pro Member Captain
Luke (warlord40) Captain

o.k.......that was weird.....

Pro Member Captain
walesdragon Captain

Woah! I don't think I've ever seen someone quadrouple-post! LOL!

But anyways, I would love to be in the navy. That's if I could. Sad

Airforce was my dream. A few years back lots of people used to ask me "What do you want to be when you're older, Lewis?" And I'd answer "I dunno, Rockstar, Footballer?" And Last year I had experienced the most stunning display in my life.

RAAF air show in Adelaide. First airshow that I can remember going to (I went to one when I was living in Japan but I was too young to remember it!). These brilliant machines had amazed me with their speed, power, noise, superiority and sheer might. I knew I was going to have a strong interest in aviation because every time I was in an airport, I felt 'at home'.

After the Airshow, I was obsessed with aircraft and I think I had never been more dedicated to anything than getting into the air force. When the main motor sport racing event came to Adelaide early this year (Clipsal 500), I payed $80.00 Just to see the 15 minute F/A-18 Hornet display that the RAAF had organized. And the following day after that I went to the city again and watched the same display but I didn't actually go into the event grounds I stayed outside and watched.

I was shocked and saddened when I found out I was colourblind. Sometimes, I feel like ripping my eyes out and as if they have no use anymore as they do not let me fulfill my one and only dream. It's so very hard when you lose something that you care so strongly about. To be honest, I cried more when I found out that I couldn't join the RAAF (aged 14) than when childhood pet dog died D: (aged 9-10).

Maybe I should study optometry or whatever so I can find a way to cure colour-blindness so that people in my position can be able to live up to their dreams when they're older. In fact, It's what I'll do when I'm older. I shall study the ways of the eye. And I shall cure colour blindness.

Pro Member First Officer
lds_soldier First Officer

The middle east is a big place and our existence here is no secret. We've already made sure of that. Twisted Evil Good luck on that whole colorblind thing. I'm getting laser surgery to correct my vision so i can get my pilot's license. I've already been flying in Alaska with a friend for five years now, i just need to get my vision corrected to get the real thing going.

Pro Member Trainee
harleyman52 Trainee

lds_soldier wrote:

Hey Everyone.
Any recommendations on that? I've been out of the loop for over a year now.

Best puters and support...There are lots of service men shopping here now..I got mine from them..Build youe own..regester and post on the forums..You will get an unbelievable amovnt of knowledge and help building a new one...

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/

Pro Member Trainee
harleyman52 Trainee

Don't know why it double posted..I quoted and then hit go,and it coded as if I was sending a E-Mail or some such crazyness..... Rolling Eyes