NVIDIA GEFORCE FX5200 question

Pro Member Trainee
rdlockrey Trainee

I have been playing FSX for a few months now using my HP's intregrated ATI Radeon xPRESS 200 video (128mb / Shared) with "marginal graphics and framerates.

I just picked up a NVIDIA GEFORCE 5200 (256MB) PCI , which is entry level at best, and im wondering if it will really make a noticeable difference in performace of FSX and standard DVD videos?

I have always disliked shared video memory, I have 2gb of DDR2 , on my p4/HT and having some of that valuable RAM reserved for graphics bugs me.

Question:
Will the resources, and system power that the new card will take offset the difference in RAM I will regain, with respect to increase in Video memory and clock speed differences?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

FSX requires an extreme machine to enjoy the full intention. My dual 7800 series cards will not run it well, let alone 8-year old FX-5200 series cards!!! I just bought 2 9600 series cards and praying for medium improvement results ,FSX is a MONSTER!!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...