Help Me Edit My Panel File

Pro Member Trainee
hammerdag Trainee

Hello Simmers, I'm no newbie at installing 3rd party hardware. I just got a new computer and it has Vista on it. My problem, is that many add ons require one to edit your panel file. When I make changes and go to save them, it tells me that ACCESS IS DENIED!!!! I never had any problems doing this with my old computer that has XP....does anyone know what could be going on here? I also, often get error messages when I paste gauge files into my FS9 main gauge folder....this seems to be some kind of Vista issue??? Are there any downloads that may fix this annoying issue?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You have to be the administrator of your PC in order to change in Vista.
Don't ask me how, that's why I never installed it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
p1127 Trainee

I have had some success with this problem by turning OFF the User Account Control. Give it a try & let us know how you get on.

Dave

Pro Member Trainee
hammerdag Trainee

How do I access the user account control?

Pro Member Trainee
p1127 Trainee

From the Control Panel, go to 'User Accounts' and you will find a tick box for User Account Control. Untick the box and it will request you restart your computer. This should disable the constant pop ups asking you to confirm every action you want to make. However, once you have made your changes, it is advisable to turn it on again by checking the box as this is a fairly good protection against internet invasions.

Pro Member Trainee
hammerdag Trainee

Yes, turn off that stupid user account control works! I can see the safety advantages but come on....no need to to log in as an admin..THANKS!

Pro Member Trainee
p1127 Trainee

You are welcome.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...