SearchSearch 

Airplane folder?

Pro Member Trainee
kin3 Trainee

I'm new to FSX and I've DL'ed some aircraft and put them in game. But I have some that doesn't appear in FSX. While looking in the SimObjects/Airplane folder I notice that I have more folders than airplanes that appear in FSX. Can I delete these folders or fix the planes? Any thoughts.

5 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Leave the other folders in simobjects alone. Delete them and you lose valuable components to the Sim.
Put your aircraft in the aircraft folder of simobjects.
Follow the read me that comes with the download that you want to enter in the Sim.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
kin3 Trainee

Thanks for your swift reply.

Pro Member Trainee
Mark (totallyfrozen) Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

Leave the other folders in simobjects alone. Delete them and you lose valuable components to the Sim.
Put your aircraft in the aircraft folder of simobjects.
Follow the read me that comes with the download that you want to enter in the Sim.

Radar

Actually, I have the same problem as the OP has. I DO follow the ReadMe files and still...I have more planes in my Sim Objects/Airplanes folder than I can find/use in FSX.

Does FSX has a quantity limitation somewhere?
I wonder if maybe the game is set to limit the number of planes available to a certain number so that no matter how many planes you actually have in your library, you will only have access to X number of them.

Does this sound probable?
Does anyone else notice this issue/limitation?

Any suggestions?

Pro Member Trainee
Dylan Brown (dtdb) Trainee

When you're selecting an aircraft, do you have show all variations selected at the bottom. I don't think there's a limit to how many planes you can have, but you may have installed addon planes wrong and that's why there not showing up in the game. When you add an addon plane to your aircraft folder, make sure it has a model, panel, sound, and texture folder.(and there's stuff in it) If one of those is missing,(ex. panel) it may not work.

Pro Member Trainee
Mark (totallyfrozen) Trainee

dtdb wrote:

When you're selecting an aircraft, do you have show all variations selected at the bottom. I don't think there's a limit to how many planes you can have, but you may have installed addon planes wrong and that's why there not showing up in the game. When you add an addon plane to your aircraft folder, make sure it has a model, panel, sound, and texture folder.(and there's stuff in it) If one of those is missing,(ex. panel) it may not work.

Thanks. I'll go double check the plane folders. I thought I had installed them correctly...but perhaps not. Yes, I did select Show All Variations to see if that made them show up...it did not.
Another interesting thing for me to figure out is: if only the planes that came with Setup.exe files are the planes not showing. I wonder because most of the planes that I have to unzip and install myself are working just fine. I never thought of that before but I can find out.

If I notice a pattern with the planes that do NOT show up, I'll post it here so that we can all take a look and find a fix.