Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

GA ai traffic and runways/airports

Pro Member Trainee
Dorianee Trainee

First I added so GA ai but i can't find any afcad for smaller airports. I mean I can but there are thousands of airports and only so many that I can download. Does anyone know of any afcad packages for smaller airports?

At KOAK INTL there are a few runways runways. The big jet-liners use runway 29. But there are 3 other runways not in use. The 27's and 35. 35 is for the smallest planes. How do I get my GA traffic to use these runways instead of making traffic worse on the main runway at that airport?...It gets anoying when you have a cessna on final on a 10thousand foot runway with a 757 5 miles behind it. It makes all jet ai traffic have to go around even with AI smooth. Can someone help me with this?..A way that I can do for all airports with multiple runways without having to edit each and every airport?

Pro Member Trainee
Bartfs Trainee

For the AFCAD, try making your own AFCAD with using real life photo's etc 😛

As for your problem with the runways.
You can not have multiple runways in use when they have different directions
Only if your runways are in the same direction (when the runways are called like 30R, 30L and 4C, 4R 😉
So you can only use 1 runway for take off and landing in your case of problem.

I might make a Afcad for you 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Dorianee Trainee

thanx...but is there anyway to change that?..at my home airport koak in real life that is not the case it actively uses all 4 runways because it has general aviations cooperate jets and airliners and i have seen them land on all runways.....

Pro Member Trainee
Bartfs Trainee

Dorianee wrote:

thanx...but is there anyway to change that?..at my home airport koak in real life that is not the case it actively uses all 4 runways because it has general aviations cooperate jets and airliners and i have seen them land on all runways.....

I can happen, yes

But Flight Simulator just doesn't allow that 😉
There is no way to change it. Only FS2002 supports multi-runway use in different directions 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Dorianee Trainee

ok..thanx anyway

Pro Member Trainee
Air-Head Trainee

Dorianee wrote:

Are you 100% certain?? I thought the FAA have rules regarding that. For obvious safety implications of having airplanes approaching from opposing angles.

I will take a look at the FAA website and check to refresh my memory.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

You can have multiple runways in use if it is an airport like ATL or ORD where there are parallel runways... and very busy. But under normal circumstances the only time a runway of a different direction would be used would be if the crosswind runway is activated, but then in that case the main runways would be off limits. KPIT is a prime example of that. Our runways are 28 L C R (10 R C L), On crosswind days we use runway 4 / 32 and the others are empty till the wind changes again.

Pro Member Trainee
Bartfs Trainee

Air-Head wrote:

Dorianee wrote:

Are you 100% certain?? I thought the FAA have rules regarding that. For obvious safety implications of having airplanes approaching from opposing angles.

I will take a look at the FAA website and check to refresh my memory.

Sometimes New York's La Guardia uses their both 2 runways..

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

When they do they usually just honk their horns and flip each other off....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Well at Kingsford Smith Airport at Sydney, AU, they use their CROSS runways quite alot, every hour and then, planes land on the East-West runway, and take off on the the main 34L runway. I don't know if many airports with runways like that use that sort of opperation

Pro Member Trainee
Dorianee Trainee

yes I am 100% certain. Big jets land and takeoff on runway 29. Cooperate jets land on the 27s and takeoff on runway 29, and occasionally land on runway 29, and small planes like cessna land on runway 35 wich is almost perpendicular to the 27s and 29. I know that is a bit odd but everytime I'm near the airport I witness this.

Pro Member Trainee
Bartfs Trainee

Dorianee wrote:

yes I am 100% certain. Big jets land and takeoff on runway 29. Cooperate jets land on the 27s and takeoff on runway 29, and occasionally land on runway 29, and small planes like cessna land on runway 35 wich is almost perpendicular to the 27s and 29. I know that is a bit odd but everytime I'm near the airport I witness this.

Yes, that might happen, but it can not be simulated in FS

Pro Member Trainee
Dorianee Trainee

yeah...unfortunetely...