SearchSearch 

Making a custom V-35

Pro Member Trainee
airwolfe Trainee

How do I make a custom painted V-35 Bonanza ? I am trying to replicate my fathers old plane. He had a 1966 V-35. I know there is one V-35 download (that I know of) but I think the paint and N number are constant. I have never messed with painting the planes, this one just has a special place in my heart. TIA !

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is probably the easiest one to use since it's designed just for repaints.
You can use others (Photoshop) but need outside directions.

http://www.abacuspub.com/catalog/s708.htm

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
airwolfe Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

This is probably the easiest one to use since it's designed just for repaints.
You can use others (Photoshop) but need outside directions.

http://www.abacuspub.com/catalog/s708.htm

Radar

Will that work with the Carenado package ? Which seems to be the best V-35 package I can find. Though it mentions that it won't work with SP2 on FSX. I wasn't aware there was a SP2... 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

SP2 fixes the items that were left out in Sp1.
Unfortunately some paints dot look their best and the props show up like buzz saws.

Outside of that if you just keep it at SP1 that paint will look good.

SP2 also gives your Sim the ability to use Dual core but you don't have it so it's a no brainer.
You can find it and read about it on www.fsinsider.com .

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
airwolfe Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

SP2 fixes the items that were left out in Sp1.
Unfortunately some paints dot look their best and the props show up like buzz saws.

Outside of that if you just keep it at SP1 that paint will look good.

SP2 also gives your Sim the ability to use Dual core but you don't have it so it's a no brainer.
You can find it and read about it on www.fsinsider.com .

Radar

ok, this is the software package I was thinking of getting... can I change the N number on this with the repaint kit ? Or can I change it within FSX like I do with the stock planes ? It claims in the description that it has a designated N number... but then it shows screen shots, one of which shows a different paint job and N number.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You have to put a thumbnail jpeg in the new texture folder for it to show up in the menu.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
airwolfe Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

You have to put a thumbnail jpeg in the new texture folder for it to show up in the menu.

Radar

A thumbnail of the new N number ? Will it use that N number in the ATC window ? Basically, I don't want the plane to have one N number and then have ATC using another.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That has to be changed in the cfg.
When you enter the new texture in the air cfg you change the ATC call sign for that one only.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
airwolfe Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

That has to be changed in the cfg.
When you enter the new texture in the air cfg you change the ATC call sign for that one only.

Radar

ok, I think I will download the V-35 this weekend and start working on it. I am sure to have many more questions. Thanks for the great start ! 😀