Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

forum dieing out

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Bran09
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:33 pm 

danm this forum like has no life to it anymore whats going on this use to be like the greatist site now its boring this site is drying out of members thats for sure Sad thats i moved over to flightsimworld im sorry but i think im going to leave soon to Confused
JarJarBinks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:22 pm 

i dont see why you or anyone must leave.......i drop in every once in a while and check up on things but when you leave you are only adding to the problem......
"To Protect Life And Property"

GCFD: HQ STA. 1.
Rescue1, Squad1, Engine1, Ladder Tower1, Engine11

Airport STA. 5
ARFF Truck 5 Crash Fire Resc. 11 Engine 5
VegasFlyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:03 pm 

JarJarBinks wrote:
i dont see why you or anyone must leave.......i drop in every once in a while and check up on things but when you leave you are only adding to the problem......

I agree. No need to leave. And yes it is a lot slower than it used to be 2 years ago.
totallyfrozen
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:48 pm 

I like it. I think you should stick around. Besides, there's no law that says you can't participate in 2 forums! Very Happy
Bats: The original IFR pilots!
Westernstyle
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:13 pm 

It is good info man Very Happy
walesdragon
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:30 am 

I like it being quiet, anyway. We are gradually gaining more members and I know most of the regular posters on here now Very Happy <- Happyface.
VegasFlyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:38 am 

walesdragon wrote:
I like it being quiet, anyway. We are gradually gaining more members and I know most of the regular posters on here now Very Happy <- Happyface.

As I said several months ago, we have a ton of members but only a few dozen are regular forum posters, others write only when they have a problem. Also, the greatest members have left the forum.
Bran09
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:42 pm 

ye i know i should stay because of you guys i also been here for so long its just that i dont like posting shots here because a week later i get 1 post Sad but i will stay Wink
JarJarBinks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:09 pm 

Bran09 wrote:
i dont like posting shots here because a week later i get 1 post

its not about the number of posts....its about who posts them, granted they may not be positive post, but those of us that are still here are whats keeping this forum together, and if we keep loosing valuable people we are loosing the forums integrity. right now we need to worry about keeping who we have.

Airport STA. 5
warlord40
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:35 am 

JarJarBinks wrote:
Bran09 wrote:
i dont like posting shots here because a week later i get 1 post

its not about the number of posts....its about who posts them, granted they may not be positive post, but those of us that are still here are whats keeping this forum together, and if we keep loosing valuable people we are loosing the forums integrity. right now we need to worry about keeping who we have.

Herehere Cheers!
Sorry fella's been a bit busy of recent....my bad.... Wink
Cheeks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:05 am 

VegasFlyer wrote:
walesdragon wrote:

As I said several months ago, we have a ton of members but only a few dozen are regular forum posters, others write only when they have a problem. Also, the greatest members have left the forum.

AHEM, LOTS, not all of the greatest members have left so far...(IMO your one! Very Happy )
Please direct your complaints to the moon, they might care there.
VegasFlyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:53 am 

Cheeks wrote:
VegasFlyer wrote:
walesdragon wrote:

AHEM, LOTS, not all of the greatest members have left so far...(IMO your one! Very Happy )

Cheers!
kin3
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:37 pm 

I'm a newbie here and to FSX and I read/post on various forums. I have tried various sites and visit the ones that I like. One of the first things I looked at was how old were the last post. On some forums the last post was a year or two old, so I didn't go back. I don't like sites that take forever to load, are hard to find your way around, etc.
Keep the Son in your eye
Kin3 (ken-three)
Lee198
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:20 pm 

Could be the time of year... a lot of people are off on their hols. Cool Cool

Not me, though. Doh!
"Any landing you walk away from is a good landing" ...well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it...
VegasFlyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:16 pm 

Lee198 wrote:

Not me, though. Doh!

Actually it used to be opposite on this forum . Two years ago summer was the bussiest part of the year. You could litteraly spend hours on the forums.
JarJarBinks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:56 pm 

VegasFlyer wrote:
Lee198 wrote:

Not me, though. Doh!

Actually it used to be opposite on this forum . Two years ago summer was the bussiest part of the year. You could litteraly spend hours on the forums.

i know we did spend hours at a time, we would answer each others questions, share info, experiences, or just shoot the breeze. i just think flyaway is coming out of a hole, it cant be good and grand all the time, everything needs to balance out, flyaways time will come again, im sure of it Wink

Airport STA. 5
Bran09
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:08 pm 

i am staying here it has just been quiet.
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:44 am 

OK Gents, enough of the forum dieing out. A forum is only as good as it's members,yes, a lot of the most experienced and respected members moved on to elsewhere and that was their choice and they are missed here, and the forum is a lesser place without them but we have to live with that! But it's up to us to make sure that FlyAway carries on, i know i have'nt been posting as much as usual but that's for personal reasons only and that stands for everywhere else i'm a member of.
This is the first forum i visited (as a guest) and was so impressed i had to join, the help and advice i recieved was second to none and although those people are now elsewhere(apart from Tailhook,who is deeply missed Sad ) we've got to keep it together!
I know that we have'nt got the core strength we used to have but there are still some excellent experienced members here who's expertise is invaluable, for example RadarMan who still mods the site although he has his hands full elsewhere, but still does all he can to help here, we should be grateful just for that because without him it would be total madness and full of spammers!
Belgeode is another one that springs to mind, i know he has'nt been around a lot lately but he's trying to hold US Air Virtual together at the moment so is a bit busy, but his FS experience is without question and is another asset to the site!
There are also others like Cheeks and VegasFlyer who have also been here for a long time who's help has been invaluable to many struggling their way through their first experiences of FS.
I almost missed out Warlord40, there, sorry about that, he's been around a while too and helped a lot of people Very Happy .
So gents, it's up to us to keep Flyaway a great place to be, i think it still is, but if we keep posting interesting stuff, then "If you build it, they will come" Very Happy
Ps those that remember Tailhook please PM me !
Cheeks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:40 am 

Welsh, you forgot to put yourself in there!! Cheers!
Bran09
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:17 am 

yes welsh you are 1 of the best to! Very Happy
VegasFlyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:46 pm 

Cheers! Welsh!
belgeode
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:35 pm 

Not going anywhere... granted I am a little busy of late with USAVA and real life (in a new band)... but I still find time to stop by and check things out. My day would not be complete without Welsh's and Spider's posts... and everyone else of course, since I do look at everything!
US AIR TALES- Stories of one man's virtual life as a pilot
Westernstyle
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:27 pm 

Hey Bel, did you ever get that AT-AT walker?
Westernstyle
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:43 pm 

i just dont get how we got off topic in these forums, could this be why people are leaving??
warlord40
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:41 pm 

are we all still here?
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:47 pm 

I am Very Happy !
warlord40
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:56 pm 

Razz hiya welsh mate Smile I know I'm not a regular like I used too, but still drop by now and again to check up with the gossip lol. Last thing I read was that Microsoft are making another flightsim (no date set as far as I know) but I'll probably be here a little more often as no doubt I'll need help, and also might be able to offer help with it's upcoming, but anyway's, good to know your still frivolous in the forums hahaha Smile
Cheeks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:37 am 

I am....occasionally! Laughing
Carlin
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:21 pm 

Sometimes I cant do any thing but, I check the Forums every day. Very Happy Wink
Very Happy -Carlin G.
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:41 am 

Hey Warlord40, i'm like a bad smell i never go away Very Happy ! You may think it's gone but then..........bugger, it's back Razz ! There are a few of us that are still here but not as active as we used to be like Cheeks in the post above,hiya Cheeks good to hear from you too Very Happy , Tailhook is still here too but he's been very quiet since before Christmas. I have'nt posted any shots for a long time because..well..there's nobody to see them Rolling Eyes . As for Microsoft Flight, well, we'll see what happens with that, i hope it's not another FSX that nobody could use when it came out. If it's a supercharged FS9 with FSX water (not the rubbish land the world is a desert textures) it might be ok Very Happy .
Don't be a stranger now!