SP3

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Could someone please advise me about Windows XP SP3. Has it had any effect on FSX or FS9? I'm hesitant to down load it for fear it might screw up my sim or any other programs. 🙄

Thanks in advance ... Art

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This (HP+AMD) and a minor problem with Zonealarm (fixed by now) are the main ones reported.

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Desktops-and-Notebooks/Windows-XP-SP3-Problems-Continue/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Thanks RM,
I checked out that site, and found several folks having problems with SP3, even on Intels (I have a Dell XPS 410 with an Intel Duo), so I think I'll pass for now. If it works, don't mess with it. Fear

---------------------------------------------------------------

Endless Reboot
By: FTJ
at: 07-25-08 @ 5:33 pm EST

I disagree that it's not Intel, it's not Microsoft, etc. I had a similar problem with a Dell XPS 410 which has "Intel Core"2 Duo Processors". After installing SP3 the system repeatedly rebooted. Logoff and cold reboot solved the continual reboot sometimes, other times it eased the problem only to have the problem reemerge when attempting to invoke the internet. After a few cold reboots IE stabilized. Plan to remove SP3.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards ... Art

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...