Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Long time eh?

Pro Member First Officer
E-mage First Officer

well, well, well, it's been about what? a year since i last posted here (i think)
this is what i had been up to.

When i left, i was still making repaints for the aerosim classic liners package

I also made a wilco/ overland panel merge which is available on avsim (as most of my other repaints

I came up with an idea to make a va for my self to help me fly fs more realistically. Savana was born

unfortunately, that idea crashed and burnt

I decided to polish up on my repainting ability.
Here's my first a330 paint. of course this is an edit 😂

I got better...

Pro Member First Officer
E-mage First Officer

Then I made my most popular repaint (at the time)

Made more repaints. Not really improving at the time., I was getting a bit frustrated, but still persevered

The hardest repaint i ever did, (oh by the way, all my repaints are hand painted, so you can imagine how hard this was)

moving on,

Some one asked me to make an olympic airways repaint for the a340.
this was the result. probably my most popular repaint yet, though not my best*

Stay tuned**

Pro Member First Officer
E-mage First Officer

ok, so....

i picked up the a320 paint kit and created my best paint kit at the time. I started work on the aerlingus paint scheme, this was one of the repaints that did not make it to avsim.due to my laziness

The skybus repaint(s) Also not on avsim yet*

The one on avsim

made a wilco/sms merge for the a320. This is not on avsim either! whats wrong with me?

More repaints

After all that, I thought Id make me another VA. Nova was born. This is my current personal va, and unlike savana, i doubt there will be any crashing here!

Other random shots:

Made an a332 paint kit. on avsim

Pro Member First Officer
E-mage First Officer

more repaints

(not on avsim)

Also made an a306 repaint kit (cls&sms)
on avsim

my family moved to canada, and i left my pc in ireland. i have been very reluctant to install fs on this crappy laptop, but i wanted to paint the nova livery on a 737-600. here's the result and mys latest shot. hope you enjoyed this little story

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

WOW 😳 😳 , Fantastic work E-mage and i mean fantastic! Those Singapore and Aer Lingus could qualify for photo shots 😀 and that Nova livery, well, Clap .What a superb collection of your work, long time no see but what a comeback! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
E-mage First Officer

thanks Welshflyer, nice reply

Pro Member Captain
Westernstyle Captain

OMFG I WENT TO HEAVEN! Excelent shots EXCELANT! 😀 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Captain
Taylor (Flyboy92) Captain

Nice....

Is Nova still up and running? If so what's the website?

It says www.nova.com on the side of the plane but it doesn't work.

Flyboy92

Pro Member Captain
Duncan (Razgr1z912) Captain

Excellent work! Superb!!!!

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

Pro Member First Officer
E-mage First Officer

Flyboy92 wrote:

Nice....

Is Nova still up and running? If so what's the website?

It says www.nova.com on the side of the plane but it doesn't work.

Flyboy92

it's a personal va, (as said in the topic) www.nova.com is just to add some realism to the simming

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Welcome back bro, where abouts in Canada have you moved to?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

So I thought I was going to have a quiet day until I saw your post. My sincere compliments. Most of those repaints are of outstanding quality... and you're not even bragging -- but I found your creations at Avsim and now I'll be burning the midnight oil Yawn

Thanks a million for your labour 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
E-mage First Officer

Thanks a lot for the replies, and cheeks, i moved to calgary 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

E-mage wrote:

Thanks a lot for the replies, and cheeks, i moved to calgary 🙂

Mmmm, so your not that far...............lets see if you will find eggs on your house one night Twisted Evil

Pro Member Captain
Westernstyle Captain

So you are close, eh? I live near Bran09, so he might expect a little surprise Fear (nah im kidding)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Once again E-Mage, you have truly outdone yourself... and just about everyone else hahahah. Outstanding work!

Pro Member First Officer
E-mage First Officer

thanks.

surprise eh ❓

Pro Member Captain
Bran09 Captain

wow you improve a f**** alot!!!!AWSOME PICS MAN 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hey E-mage I only just noticed (and remembered) that you're using Paint.NET...
I might just erase Adobe Photoshop from my memory for good, have already ditched Adobe bloat-Reader for Foxit.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Hey E-mage I only just noticed (and remembered) that you're using Paint.NET...
I might just erase Adobe Photoshop from my memory for good, have already ditched Adobe bloat-Reader for Foxit.

And the best part, it's free!!!! 😀
If you have seen my signatures that I made in the Off Topic forums, I used Paint.Net too and their forums provide great help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Nice Cheeks, I only just saw those sigs - in fact I found a tut how to make sigs with Paint.Net... might start dabbling myself a bit if I find the time.
Which version of .NET Framework are you running? I've got 2.0 but they recommend 3.5 SP1 which for whatever reason I don't seem to be able to install.

I thought you're referring to Foxit versus Adobe Reader. Adobe occupies 130MB on my HDD, Foxit a meager 6.99MB. It even lets you CREATE PDF files for free for a limited time. 😉
Say you copy a web page into a Word.doc, one simple mouse click will convert it into a PDF and retain the original Word.doc. Freeware here: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Nice Cheeks, I only just saw those sigs - in fact I found a tut how to make sigs with Paint.Net... might start dabbling myself a bit if I find the time.
Which version of .NET Framework are you running? I've got 2.0 but they recommend 3.5 SP1 which for whatever reason I don't seem to be able to install.

I thought you're referring to Foxit versus Adobe Reader. Adobe occupies 130MB on my HDD, Foxit a meager 6.99MB. It even lets you CREATE PDF files for free for a limited time. 😉
Say you copy a web page into a Word.doc, one simple mouse click will convert it into a PDF and retain the original Word.doc. Freeware here: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

Well Tailhook, I have Vista SP1, if you can tell me how to see which .NET I have, I'll tell you as I have no idea where to look! And Foxit is great, thanks for that, lets see what I will be doing with it....... Twisted Evil
Now as for creating signatures, I doubt you don't know, but incase you don't, you will need things called 'renders'. Trust me, they make life a whole lot easier! 😂 One of the best places to get them is here
http://planetrenders.net/BOOKMARK IT!
Hoped that helped a bit ( though I have my doubts considering your knowledge 😂 )

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for the Planet Renders site Cheeks. Haven't done a thing yet, still rebuilding my fs9 and trying to find that KC-10 tanker to suck some gas out of simultaneously.

Re the .NET Framework how to find it in Vista I wouldn't have a clue. In XP it's in the Control Panel under Add or Remove Programs, 'Show Updates' checked and by scrolling down a bit as it's all in alphabetical order it says something like Microsoft .NET Framework xx.

Now don't tell me MS in their infinite wisdom have done away with the Control Panel in Vista 😳

Lemme know.

Pro Member Captain
Steve (SpiderWings) Captain

Good to see you back E-mage. You've been busy and doing amazing work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Simply amazing! Exceptional work! Bravo!!! 👍 Punk