SearchSearch 

Us and Them...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

One of the founder members of Pink Floyd, Richard Wright died at age 65. Another nail in the coffin of inspirational music.
Guess the tickets for 'The Great Gig In The Sky' will be sold out in no time.

Another one of his masterpieces:'Us And Them' ... how pertinent.

➡ ➡

If this doesn't speak to you... nothing will.

Google for Richard Wright.

4 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Yeah I heard that this week on the radio (that he had died)... Sad sad day...

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Thanks for the links TailHook,i knew of him but as is sometimes the case,sadly, i had'nt listened to him, having just viewed "Us and Them" i think i'll be getting a few Pink floyd cd's darkening my living room putting on my earphones, turning the sound up ,opening a few tinnies and just enjoying the music! I've heard of "Dark Side of the Moon" and always known it was considered to be a Classic album but just never got around to listening to it all. I guess now would be a good time!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

To think that 'Dark Side' was released in 1973 and that even young folks who weren't even born then still buy the CD speaks for itself. As usual, the YouTube clips don't do the music justice -- the album has to be listened to in context that is from the beginning to the end. IMHO one of the best albums ever produced - light years ahead of the rest when first released.
This is not just elevating music - not just meaningful lyrics, no... it's both and so much more: It is a complete experience...

...and I'd better shut up now lest I should end up in space Fear
😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Nahh,i don't thnk that'll happen, people have been telling me for years "you have'nt listened to Dark side of the Moon?, then you have'nt lived", so i think it's about time i did! 😀