Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Legends in Music

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I posted this once before gents but decided to delete it! The main reason being probably many younger members would'nt probably know a Legend if they saw one, so i had a rethink and decided ,hey, it's about time they knew 😀 .
So gents this will be about those Music Legends that through the ages have made a contribution to music that have uplifted us, amazed us and made us go OMG, Elvis is not allowed as he did'nt write his own songs (apart from Always on my mind) and rappers need not apply 😀

So i'll start with the ultimate 😀 , a supreme legend that just had that certain something and wrote (in my opinion) the best song ever written,
so here's John Lennon and "Imagine"

P.S If any of you youngsters say "who's he and what band was he in" i will get on a plane ,come to your house and scoop your eyeballs out with a spoon and feed them to my dogs Twisted Evil !

Last edited by Welshflyer on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

There is only one for me...

Bob Marley.

link

My absolute fave... Natural Mystic...

What did it for me wanting to be into music.

Last edited by Drew B (belgeode) on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

belgeode wrote:

There is only one for me...

Bob Marley.

Give us a link to some Bob bel, there's so many to choose, and he IS one of the Legends! 😀
P.s i forgot to say, it's my thread and if i disagree i'll be doing a Simon Cowell sort of thing, so pick well cos if i disagree i'll be letting you know !
It's like an X-Factor for legends Twisted Evil So you may get an Approved with a nice smiley or a Disapproved with a not so nice smiley!

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

TRENT REZNOR the greatest artist ever he makes all of his music alone except for drums and hes just wow

(that was for a film festival trent made and its not my vid)

the album is "Ghosts: I - IV i have it its an awesome album if you like instrumental and trent's work youll love it

(if you say johnny cash (another great legend) wrote that song you are wrong johhny cash covered it)

and here are some other vids

Last edited by acepilot32 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Haha.. I like the intro to this topic Welshflyer, the postscript in particular.

John Lennon - absolutely. About 'Imagine'... most people probably didn't notice shortly after 9/11 there was a big concert with the proceeds going to the victims families. Plenty of the big guns present, celebrities, song writers, performers etc. Neil Young was there too. Now he's got a huge catalogue of his own songs yet... he was the ONLY songster who chose to perform another artist's song: John Lennon's 'Imagine'. Says it all. Good on ya Neil Bow Down

Bob Marley - absolutely. A true pioneer. I almost became religious (in the Rastafarian sense) when he exploded on the scene. But hey, you know me... I did practice the daily rituals though... Whistle

Hey WF, Lennon and Marley are dead legends - are the living ones allowed in this topic?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

Oh BTW flyboy guess who beat your 7th and 8th grade teams??? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhHhhhhhhhHhhhhhhhhhh

oh and your teams get tired and scred around the 3rd and 4th quarter and #29 is pretty good he was our only threat

Play ball dude and take this to PMs.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Tailhook, all legends are allowed, whether alive or dead (or should be dead by now). 😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

OH Dear, controversy already 😳 .
Trent Reznor,,,,,,,,,Disapproved Puke Up !

Pro Member Chief Captain

I will say this.. .Trent is ok. I know his bassist. He and I used to gig back in the day.

I edited the post above with a link to Bob. My youtube is not playing for some reason. Something is screwy on firefox tonight. But I hope it plays for you.

Lennon... inspired! Until he got in with that Yoko chick... ugh.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

My youtube is not playing for some reason. Something is screwy on firefox tonight. But I hope it plays for you.

Mine took a few seconds to spring into action (Firefox) - working fine now, I think it could have to do with a new plug-in that let's you d/ld the clips. Have a look at your browser window when you wake up from your beauty sleep - bottom right hand corner at 4 o'clock.

Living legends? The only person who ever played 'Knockin' on heaven's door' live to the Pope. One Robert Allen Zimmerman aka Bob Dylan aka Alias. No kidding, Alias was Dylan's screen name in 'Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid' the movie for which he wrote 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door'.

My favorite song? Impossible to tell. He must have written several hundred.
Here are a couple anyway:

Buckets Of Rain

Desolation Row

The second one is 11mins long - poetry- dream...

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Bob Dylan is an inspired choice and "Knocking on Heavens Door" is one of my all time favourite tracks!
Bob Dylan......Approved 👏

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Sorry bel i forgot to say, Bob Marley was another true legend in music!
Bob Marley......Approved Clap !

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Welcome to the Ritz you scumbags!!!!!

Now this is Special!!!

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

CaptDennison wrote:

Now this is Special!!!

Sorry CaptDennison, oh no it's not. Disapproved Doh!
If i did'nt make myself clear, then i'll try again! 🙂 When i said a legend in music i actually meant most of the people in the Western World may have (at one time or another) actually knew who the hell they were! 😀
So ill throw another in the mix here love him or hate him he's a LEGEND 😀

Forgot to say it's Freddie Mercury and Queen! 😀
P.S You young un's this is "LIVE" NO LIP SYNCH or what used to be called MIMING! 😳
And if you're not convinced by that just check this 😳 , Madonna eat your heart out!

Last edited by Welshflyer on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:10 am, edited 3 times in total
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

P.S C'mon gents you're not tryin! 🙄
PPS It does'nt have to be a single person it could be a legendary band! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Holy Camel!!! I've heard a lot about "Her Majesty the Queen" and Freddie Mercury.. never knew they played in the same band though 😳
In the first clip the dude in the pyjamas must be the queen then I gather, though in the Japanese gig he doesn't wear a shirt at all 😳 ...and what's with the bassist's outfit, well, well, well...
Sorry, I concentrated on the drummer in the first clip and I fell into a coma but hey, he came to life toward the end of the song Group Wave
So... '82 in Japan, '86 at Wembley.........................I have absolutely no idea where I was at the time but somehow 'Freddie Mercury and Queen' have totally eluded me 😁
Thanks for sharing WF I'm gonna do a bit of research on this Queen-Business now Read Read
😀 😀 😀

Welshflyer wrote:

CaptDennison wrote:

Actully he was a astar in the MTV movie URGE a music was;

You need to ovwerlook the sineger--the band was tight,the singer also had big balls to pull it off and make a carrer out of songs in this style--it takes dedication.

Bobn Dylan, Chris Cristopherson, the band--these guys all basicllay SUCKED

Now this is Special!!!

Sorry CaptDennison, oh no it's not. Disapproved Doh!
If i did'nt make myself clear, then i'll try again! 🙂 When i said a legend in music i actually meant most of the people in the Western World may have (at one time or another) actually knew who the hell they were! 😀
So ill throw another in the mix here love him or hate him he's a LEGEND 😀

Forgot to say it's Freddie Mercury and Queen! 😀
P.S You young un's this is "LIVE" NO LIP SYNCH or what used to be called MIMING! 😳
And if you're not convinced by that just check this 😳 , Madonna eat your heart out!

Pro Member First Officer
walesdragon First Officer

2 of my favs.

Pink Floyd - Breathe

David Bowie - Moonage Daydream

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Hmm good try WalesDragon, the jury is still out on these 🙂 !

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Now, i can't approve people i pick so it's up to you to decide if they're legends or not (even if it's my thread 😀 ). But here is one that i think has contributed so much and gave people a bit of happiness before they paid the ultimate sacrifice and then disappeared himself. So it would be nice if you approved Glenn Miller as a music legend 😀 . Please!

His music still sounds good 60 years on 😳 !
P.S Have you ever seen a Jimmy Stewart movie you did'nt like ? 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Glenn Miller definitely one of the all time greats. His band was an orchestra - everything in it, nothing missing, never a dull moment. That's why we can even today after all these years still listen to this music without getting BORED.
I wonder if the Y-generation watching and listening to this can comprehend that there was a time when music was 'made' by people who played musical instruments instead by DJs 🤔
What's more, in those days even if you were lucky enough to own a musical instrument, if you couldn't play it (well that is), you didn't get a gig. 😳

Terrific choice Welshflyer -- this thread ain't dead, I've got more legends piled up in my house who are just waiting to be released... there's a living one aching to get out 😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

walesdragon wrote:

2 of my favs.

Pink Floyd - Breathe

David Bowie - Moonage Daydream

WalesDragon............
Pink Floyd......Approved 😀

David Bowie......after a lot of soul searching and just because i don't like him does'nt mean he is'nt, so....Approved 😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Holy Camel!!! I've heard a lot about "Her Majesty the Queen" and Freddie Mercury.. never knew they played in the same band though 😳
In the first clip the dude in the pyjamas must be the queen then I gather, though in the Japanese gig he doesn't wear a shirt at all 😳 ...and what's with the bassist's outfit, well, well, well...
Sorry, I concentrated on the drummer in the first clip and I fell into a coma but hey, he came to life toward the end of the song Group Wave
So... '82 in Japan, '86 at Wembley.........................I have absolutely no idea where I was at the time but somehow 'Freddie Mercury and Queen' have totally eluded me 😁
Thanks for sharing WF I'm gonna do a bit of research on this Queen-Business now Read Read
😀 😀 😀

How can you not have heard of Queen ?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok Don... exactly what albums did Obama sing/play on that makes him a musical legend???

Stick to the topic or continue your own political thread.

As for legends... as campy as they are you cannot deny the awesome power of the band known only as KISS

Detroit Rock City

even something like this...

I was Made for Loving You

and my ALL TIME FAVORITE (being a bassist myself)

GOD OF THUNDER!!!!

Their music may have been pretty straightforward, but these guys wrote the book on stage act!