Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

The Latest Add Ons for FSX

Pro Member Trainee
doatg Trainee

This is to get this forum started talking about the latest add ons or news concerning fsx. Anything that you might find helpful to all of us will be greatly appreciated. For me im always searching and looking for the best of the best addons i can find. Also tell us what your using that works and what doesnt work. Im a scenery hoar looking for the best ground textures and still just not happy with what i have so far or maybe its just me doing it all wrong with installing them all. I have Flight Enviroment X,Ground Enviroment X, Ultimate Terrain USA,Canada,Europe, and Ground Details,FS Genesis, and Active Sky X. Tell if this is too much. I have 8800 GT 512 corsair 2 gb amd quad phenom 9550 2.2 ghz 500 gb drive. Im having trouble trying to set my computer to run smooth. Any help would be nice

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welcome to the forum doatg!

Your CPU at 2.2 ghz is a bit slow... upgrade to round about 3.0 ghz and you should be ok.

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

My latest addons:

Carenado Cessna 182 Skylane II RG

DX10 ENABLED!

ONLY FOR FSX. C182 SKYLANE II RG. DEVELOPED ONLY FOR FSX. SUPPORTS SP2, ACCELERATION PACK and DX10. New FSX features: external dynamic shadows, internal dynamic shadows on VC, normal mapping, specular mapping and bloom lights Polygon optimized model - IFR certification - Four different paints with maximum details and realistic textures - Includes: Interactive virtual cockpit - Full moving parts: Ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, retracting gears, rolling wheels Opening doors - Opening pilot's window - Light: Navigation lights, beacons, landing lights - Transparent windows - 3D modeled pilot and cockpit area - Real Propeller - Many details as: pitot pressure chamber, antennas, chocks, pitot tube cover Realistic textures old MFS scheme and original paint design - Custom panel and gauges - Realistic light effects on gauges - Nightlight effects on panel Yoke Full checklist and reference text about the Flight Dynamics - Realistic performance based on documents and experimented pilot observations...and our own experience on real flight and MFS - Similar behavior compared to the real airplane - Real weight and balance - PDF document with information - 1 and 2 persons on board - By CARENADO
USD $ 19.95

I flew this, its a major upgrade from the FS9 version of it. I was getting great FPS!
https://www.simshack.net/products/cessna-182-skylane-ii-rg-fsx-197

Dispatch Planner X

I have not tried this yet, but I think it will be awesome when I do.

Pro Member Trainee
doatg Trainee

Thanks so much for your imput about my speed to slow the only thing is i just bought this chip about a month ago i thought quad core would greatly help this game. The only speed quad for amd is 2.6 ghz other than that its a intel chip which cost a arm and a leg. This is going to kill my wife if she hears im going on another computer upgrade again. Will the amd phenom quad 2.6 work or do they have a 3 ghz one?

Pro Member First Officer

doatg wrote:

Thanks so much for your imput about my speed to slow the only thing is i just bought this chip about a month ago i thought quad core would greatly help this game. The only speed quad for amd is 2.6 ghz other than that its a intel chip which cost a arm and a leg. This is going to kill my wife if she hears im going on another computer upgrade again. Will the amd phenom quad 2.6 work or do they have a 3 ghz one?

Make sure you throw in a spa day for her! 😂

Pro Member Trainee
doatg Trainee

Know thats funny i sure wish that would do the trick ^_^. Does amd make a quad 3 ghz? Also how about ram should i 2 gb more to make 4 gb

Pro Member First Officer

Well if you have 2GB, a 4GB ram would help. I use 4GB, I've only heard of Dual Core 3.0GHz from AMD, thats what I'm getting. I won't be using Quad Core for a while.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103285

That was the best GHz I could find, 2.6GHz Quad Core. I'm not a wiz on CPU's though.

Pro Member Trainee
doatg Trainee

Im not a wiz either when it comes to processors either. Ive been googling alot of sites on what others are using. Tom's Hardware people have different opinions on what to use dual core to quad that's what makes it confusing. Either i wait it out for amd to pull some kind of miracle out of there ?. Amd used to be on the top i sure hope they get there butts moving. Intel is coming out with a new processor 3.3 ghz i think intel is king of gaming i guess. It stinks to be so loyal to a company.

Pro Member First Officer

I know what you're saying, I wish motherboards could use both in different or even the same slots. My MB before could only go AGP which were more expensive and worse than PCI-E, so I had to get a whole new computer for gaming.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry, I totally overlooked that you're running an AMD. Was under the impression that at least for the purpose of running FSX everybody would be on Intel by now. Presently, the Intel Core Duo are killing the AMDs. This might change.
About the Intel: It appears that the Core Duo with a high clock speed kills the Quad.
AMD... I don't know.

Pro Member Trainee
shylock (scottyboy39) Trainee

doatg wrote:

Flight Enviroment X,Ground Enviroment X, Ultimate Terrain USA,Canada,Europe, and Ground Details,

Open those on their own and turn some of things in there down. Maybe water,mountains and all those little extra details you really dont look at while flying

Pro Member Trainee
doatg Trainee

Yesterday I went out like you said and added 2 more gb of memory so know i have 4 gb's. I ran fsx again and know im getting between 40-70 fps it fluctuates up and down. The only thing is do i need to turn off auto gen in fsx or leave it on. Reason is if im using Ultimate terrain,GEX,FEX etc do they do this for me so i dont need auto gen on. But like you said the memory did help. Thanks

Pro Member Trainee
doatg Trainee

I just did a post the time must be off its actually 9:58 pm here it said my post was sent on the 20th which is tomorrow am. Someone on this site check the server time to see if its right.

Pro Member Trainee
doatg Trainee

This is so far what my fsx looks like with addons is this correct or not just checking to see if i have them working right. The only problem is blurs when displaying mountains meaning the rocks and the grass.

[img]C:\Users\Doatg\Pictures\Flight Simulator X Files\2008-10-18_1-50-17-631[/img] (alt+p)

Pro Member Trainee
doatg Trainee

Ok so i dont know how to put a picture on here like pasteing someone show me how please.[/img]

Pro Member Trainee
ab1332 Trainee

you forgot the \ on the first [img] it should be like [img\] repost and try to put the \ 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

doatg wrote:

Ok so i dont know how to put a picture on here like pasteing someone show me how please.[/img]

Open a free account with PhotoBucket: www.photobucket.com - upload your images and then copy and paste the IMG Code that appears below the image into your post.

Pro Member Trainee
ab1332 Trainee

Whoops Embarassed I overlooked that doatg wasn't using anything like photo bucket.