Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Good game... weird problem

UnitedWeFall Guest

I just got Microsoft Train Simulator and installed it on my Windows XP Home machine (A64 3200+, 1gig RAM, X800XT, 160GB SATA).
It's a good game, but whenever I change the view, then press 1 to change it back to the cab view, the screen goes blue and I have to turn off my PC at the wall!
I've got all the latest ATI drivers, so what could be the problem? I know there are known problems with Train Simulator and ATI Radeon video cards, but I can't seem to find a solution for it. Any help would be great!

Thanks

(sorry I posted here, no one seems to visit the Train Sim forum..)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'll move this back to the MS Train Forum but leave this "shadow".
Yes we do check out new posts whenever we see them if we know the answer.
See if any of these links help you and let us know if it did.
By the way, never shut your computer off with the plug. Push in the power button on the front of your case and hold it for 5-10 seconds, it'll shut itself down
I would suggest that you scandisk and defrag every week for better performance with that sim.
Good luck.

Radar

UnitedWeFall Guest

Thanks for the help...

I had a good look at those links.. I've got the latest version of DirectX, and i've tried quite a few different versions of the ATI drivers, but nothing seems to help..
I've taken to playing the game without using the cab view, which isn't that great Confused

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Bummer, that's about all I could find. I haven't loaded that sim in a few years.
At least it woks without that.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try here.

Radar

UnitedWeFall Guest

Ah great, another forum Smile Thanks for your help.