Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Great bit of Freeware

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Evening all, here are just a couple of shots of the outstanding Freeware Section8 F-86 Sabre available at Avsim and Flightsim.
Nice touch here with the pilots helmet and chute waiting on the wing before startup

Before starting you Must select ground power to bring up the generator to start it

Best engine flame i've seen

In the next shot you'll see a litle red banner of the gear % going up....

....well one of the things with this is, if you dont get it 100% retracted before 180kts or so you're in for a spot of bother Shocked , as you'll see in the next shot as i've damaged the gear and doors and they're not fully closed

So it's a slightly dodgy landing as they will not extend once damaged Very Happy

There are no more shots as this is a family site and the other pics were too horrid to be shown here, it was'nt pretty Very Happy .
This is a great piece of freeware with little goodies like the pilot continually looking around and up and Hot starts Shocked , so know where the extinguisher switch is, it happened to me the very first time i started it but was ok on the second Very Happy .

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

very nice on my way to avsim now thanks Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Wonderful shots Welsh, it looks like a superb model there!

Pro Member Captain
walesdragon Captain

Brilliant shots WF. Nice piece of freeware too. *Rushes to avsim*

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks gents, i like to pass on nice bits of freeware Very Happy ! Even if i break it on the first flight Shocked .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

ROFL I love the landing... beautiful aircraft, thanks for reminding. The first time I flew it my gear went all the way up because I'm an excellent pilot Whistle ...HOWEVER: On touch down my gear collapsed Embarassed ..I wonder why Very Happy
Great pics Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks Tailhook, how dare that gear collapse on you without permission! Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Thanks Tailhook, how dare that gear collapse on you without permission! Laughing

I guess because I was still frantically trying to locate the lever for the arrester hook Doh! completely lost the plot.. didn't remember WHAT I was flying and WHERE I was trying to recover... Oops!

EDIT: ..and Oops! again - wasn't reading Wall Bashing
I was referring to the Kirk Olsson model which was released in '06 - didn't even see you mention the SECTIONF8 team Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
It looks fantastic... do you really think I can fly this thing Fear