Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

First major issue with FSX.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Ok here we go... Confused

I can plan and start a flight from anywere.....but when I am on final approach, FSX crashes...... usually a fatal error has occured. If I just fly around and goof off, or fly on multiplayer, I can fly from one place to another wuthout crashing.

Anyone has had this problem?

Pro Member Captain
Duncan (Razgr1z912) Captain

Probably addons get corrupted easily and cause tons of Censored.

Any recently installed addons? You could try repairing FSX.[/url]

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

I thought about that as soon as I submitted my post. What I will do is perform a simular flight, but I will use a default FSX aircraft instead and see what will happen.....

Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

Try running a registry cleaner, that may fix your dll problem

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Yes, I experience "FSX crash", but not within the last couple of weeks of daily play. Some answers about your crashing experience, please.

When you plan a flight using Flight Planner, is a .pln file created in the My Documents\ Flight Simulator X Files folder?

If a .pln file was created, did you check the "move me to the active runway" box?

Most importantly, when your FSX crashes during a flight, where does the program crash you to?
FSX opening screen
Desk top
Blue screen of death

Had you ever SAVED during the flight session?

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

oldsamer wrote:

Yes, I experience "FSX crash", but not within the last couple of weeks of daily play. Some answers about your crashing experience, please.

When you plan a flight using Flight Planner, is a .pln file created in the My Documents\ Flight Simulator X Files folder?

Yes.

oldsamer wrote:

If a .pln file was created, did you check the "move me to the active runway" box?

I check the move me to the gate box.....

oldsamer wrote:

Most importantly, when your FSX crashes during a flight, where does the program crash you to?
FSX opening screen
Desk top
Blue screen of death

Had you ever SAVED during the flight session?

It crashes me to the desktop, normally giving me either the fatal error or like this time a "out of available memory". With a gig going to Vista I should have no memory issues at all. As for the flight sessions....no. It doesn't give me a chance to.

This time I tried to fly from Baltimores' KBWI (Baltimore Washington International) to Virginas' KRIC (Richmond International) with a default Bombardiare Regional Jet.

A 26 min. flight.....FSX crashes with15 miles till approach!!! Twisted Evil

I am using the registry cleaner now and I am going to try it again.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

I have to figure out how to adjust this memory for FSX....2 gigs set for anything and 1 is for the OS... Why it keeps running out of memory eludes me.... Confused

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Sounds like a memory leak... what addons do you have installed?

Worst case, you'll have to uninstall and reinstall FS.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Traches wrote:

Sounds like a memory leak... what addons do you have installed?

Worst case, you'll have to uninstall and reinstall FS.

I am switching 70% of my aircrafts to payware.....no way in hades I am going to uninstall FSX..... Laughing

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

What about stuff besides airplanes? (Scenery, fsuipc, squawk squawk, radar contact, etc.) Does it only happen in a certain place, or with a certain plane?

Some part of your FSX installation is not working properly; My assumption is that it's because an addon rather than the actual FSX program. The hard part is to figure out which one isn't behaving properly...

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Look for processes running in background. I'm limited in help I can offer because I'm still using Xp. I've noticed FSX does have a kind of "memory leak" due to the fact it's saving data in ram all through a flight. Longer the flight the more ram is used. The rate of "memory leak" is also dependent on terrain over flown and traffic. I find that saving during a session [; key] reduces the amount of ram used right after the save. Below is 35 miles out of El Paso right after saving during a 3 hour free flight session.

Something else to consider if this is a new problem without any other software changes is possibly suddenly faulty ram!

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Traches wrote:

What about stuff besides airplanes? (Scenery, fsuipc, squawk squawk, radar contact, etc.) Does it only happen in a certain place, or with a certain plane?

Some part of your FSX installation is not working properly; My assumption is that it's because an addon rather than the actual FSX program. The hard part is to figure out which one isn't behaving properly...

For Scenery, I use GEX and FEX.....like I mentioned before, I can be on approach when it crashes or develops a fatal error.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

oldsamer wrote:

Look for processes running in background. I'm limited in help I can offer because I'm still using Xp. I've noticed FSX does have a kind of "memory leak" due to the fact it's saving data in ram all through a flight. Longer the flight the more ram is used. The rate of "memory leak" is also dependent on terrain over flown and traffic. I find that saving during a session [; key] reduces the amount of ram used right after the save. Below is 35 miles out of El Paso right after saving during a 3 hour free flight session.

Something else to consider if this is a new problem without any other software changes is possibly suddenly faulty ram!

I'll start doing that from now own. Very Happy

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions