XBox360 and Microsoft Poll

Would you like to see Microsoft adapt future FSX type simulator's for the XBox360, including downloadable XBox Live features and a wireless joystick/throttle unit?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
No, it should only be for the PC
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]

Total Votes : 12

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

Please tell me what you think...

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Yes as long as they don't disable any fetures such as jetways ai traffic etc

Pro Member First Officer

There would be perhaps an options menu for settings, but the graphics would most likely not be adjustable.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I don't think that's a good idea, it would cause a major budget blow-outs for most hobbyists, followed by divorce, simrage even suicide.

Think about it, realistically each time a new version of FS is released you either have to buy a new computer or at least upgrade your old one. I have read about folks hacking their x-Box but this is certainly no option for the majority of us. In other words whenever you purchase a new version of FS, you'll have to buy the latest x-Box as well.. and of course you have to satisfy your computing needs at the same time.

Even if it were not a financial issue, I just can't see how a gaming console could accommodate the same freedom of tweaking and installing add-ons - unless of course it has an operating system akin to Windows and what we basically have then is just another computer.. with X-Box embossed on it.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Too much for the system to handle. Keep in mind that FSX is a RAM based program. Any add-ons will definitely wear it down.

To add on what Tailhook said, there are a small group of guys who managed to run OS software on gaming platforms. Unfortunately, those guys who managed to do that were done on PS3s using Linux, then added Windows XP on top of it. So it is extensive and isn't really worth the time.

Pro Member First Officer

Your points are well noted, but the 360 puts out some incredible graphics. I am playing Gear of War 2 right now, and WOW factor is there to compete with games like Crysis for PC. XBox360's are also shipping with much larger HDD too.

Perhaps a slimmed down, limited upgrades like planes and traffic, and controlled limited scenery packs. Hey, it may be crazy but it could be done.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

I imagine the 360 would have no trouble running FSX, but I wouldn't want to see FS ported to a console, especially if was integrated with PC's multiplayer.

For one, you'd have a lot less control over the program-- No add-on liveries or Scenery I imagine. For another, how many of you have played games on xbox live? Would you like to see that community become part of FS? 😳

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...