Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Best graphics card?

Pro Member Trainee
mitch0508 Trainee

Hi

I have a Pakard bell quad core Q6600 pc with an intergrated 256 MB graphics card and at the moment when i run FSX the game stuters and its not smooth so its not at all realistic! I have researched overclocking my CPU and also about buying a better graphics card but at the moment i dont know what to do! Could any of you guys recommend what i could do to my computer to get the picture running smoothly and to get the picture quality on FSX better?

Thanks

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Integrated graphics is definitely bogging you down, fix it quick! Overclocking your cpu won't help you, since your graphics card is bottlenecking your whole system. (If you still want to OC, do some research first. You can fry your computer if you're not careful.)

I'm running an nvidia 8800gts with 512 megs of ram, it handles FSX quite nicely.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Integrated graphics is definitely bogging you down, fix it quick! Overclocking your cpu won't help you, since your graphics card is bottlenecking your whole system. (If you still want to OC, do some research first. You can fry your computer if you're not careful.)

I'm running an nvidia 8800gts with 512 megs of ram, it handles FSX quite nicely.

Good advice and the 8800gts is a very good card for FSX.