71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
"Sim" what...?
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Pro Member Trainee
bb42 Trainee

I'm not really sure if this is the right section to be posting this but, i was just wondering if anyone has had any experience owning, building or using a home built cockpit replica for fun or with a flight Sim program. I myself am interested in making a replica Bombardier Learjet 45 in conjunction with FSX, But not really sure where to start. Any ideas, experience or information will be great!

Thanks!!!

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

bb42 wrote:

I'm not really sure if this is the right section to be posting this but, i was just wondering if anyone has had any experience owning, building or using a home built cockpit replica for fun or with a flight Sim program. I myself am interested in making a replica Bombardier Learjet 45 in conjunction with FSX, But not really sure where to start. Any ideas, experience or information will be great!

Thanks!!!

Well first off, you should gather links and prices for all the things you're going to need. I reccomend maybe 3-4 LCD screens, a throttle / flap / spoiler system, FMC, and MCP.

Collect the total price BEFORE you start! Take note, it takes a long time to complete it all. You are going to need a lot of help.

Pro Member Trainee
bb42 Trainee

yea im thinking that its going to be expensive because i ultimately want to be able to press the controls in my simpit, and the effects happen in flight sim

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Check out Saitek for your basic requirements. In doing research for my own generic twin simulator cockpit you can get into a lot of money really fast, even for one that simply looks like a real cockpit vs having all of the periferals work. As an exapmple, I like the look of Saiteks new switch panel as it looks authentic and would seem to easily fit into any panel configuration. I'm going to use the front office area of a real light twin (King Air 100) as my base, then simply add the displays, etc to the existing panel and filling in the rest with inop but lighted switches and instruments. Simple, but should give the feel of a real aircraft.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...