What controller do you have/use?

Pro Member Trainee
Laze Trainee

Hi, i just wanted to know what the majority use as their flight sim controller? 😀

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I use this joystick, after the sim came out and I started to use it, I saw that it was the same one that they used in the lessons.
It's USB and draws what little power it needs from the computer.

If you have the $$$$$, get a yoke and pedals, about $250.00 on the net. The stick about $40.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_SideWinder#Force_Feedback_2

i use the logitec force feedback "wingman". its excellent

Pro Member Trainee
Ghost22 Trainee

i use a Logitech Freedom 2.4 joystick.

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

Microsoft Sidwinder Force Feedback 2.

Pro Member Trainee
Laze Trainee

Thanks for the response guys, i myself use a stick (saitek). I was just under the impression that a lot of you here are using yokes. Anyway, if
you are using a yoke or think that a yoke is far more superior than a
typical logitech, saitek or microsoft joystick (be advised, MS has discontinued the sidewinder line of game controllers) please post your comment..

thanks,
Laze..

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No, I didn't now that they discontinued the line. As long as it keeps working I'll use it.
I'd like a yoke but $250 is a lot of bucks, I need a new video card more.

By the way, http://www.saitek.com/ is supposed to be a super stick, a buddy of mine uses it.

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

I know, that Microsoft has discontinued the line. That was but one of the reasons why I bought one, cause it was a little bit off the regular price and I thought it would fit FS 2004 like a glove. I had a saitek stick before the sidewinder and was totally pissed with it. It was pulling to the left and had to be calibrated every time I started the SIM.

Pro Member Trainee
Laze Trainee

I'm currently using the so called superstick from saitek lol, however
like Abaris mentioned it had to be calibrated very often. I also tried
an x45 which performed very good and exchanged it for a cyborg evo
a day after i bought it, thinking it looked a bit "kidstuff" for me because
of its color (tell me if i need to be slapped! lol) .....

maybe its time to try a CH yoke 😀

Pro Member Trainee
Hitch Trainee

I use a sidewinder precision 2. I had an analog joystick with a $40 rudder pedal set-up that could also be used as gas/brake. It didn't work like real pedals, but did the mission. I am well pleased with the sidewinder, however.

Is MS marketing a newer model/series?

Pro Member Trainee
Laze Trainee

no Hitch, MS is out of the gaming input device mkt place 😞

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...