Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Upgrading my Dell Demension 2400

Pro Member Trainee
jtilawson Trainee

Hi Im new to the hole computer upgrading thing. I was wondering what steps i should take to get my simulator to look more realistic?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Post your system specs and the members will help.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jtilawson Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

Post your system specs and the members will help.

Radar

were do i get this information from Crying or Very sad what do i need to post

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Use this.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Paste the CPU, amount of memory, video card and operating system here.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jtilawson Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

Post your system specs and the members will help.

Radar

i took a guess and maybe this is what you guess need to help me out...

its a Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Adapter Ram is 64.00MB

Total Physical Memory is 2,048MB

Available physical memory is 1.24GB

Pro Member Trainee
jtilawson Trainee

Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller [Display adapter]
DELL E153FP [Monitor] (14.9"vis, s/n 641804640H3C, June 2004)

2.40 gigahertz Intel Celeron
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache

79.99 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
69.99 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

COMPAQ CDR-8435 [CD-ROM drive]
MITSUMI CR-48X9TE [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

WDC WD800BB-75FJA1 [Hard drive] (80.00 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WCAJ94144851, rev 14.03G14, SMART Status: Healthy

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If I'm correct you have a 128mb card, tough to tell.
If you go to start/run and type in dxdiag it will bring up a window, click on the display tap and it'll tell you about your card.
If you can upgrade that you would be able to run FS9 quite well...even the 128mb card should be good.

The rest of the machine is fine, I assumed by the age of the machine that you are running XP not Vista.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jtilawson Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

If I'm correct you have a 128mb card, tough to tell.
If you go to start/run and type in dxdiag it will bring up a window, click on the display tap and it'll tell you about your card.
If you can upgrade that you would be able to run FS9 quite well...even the 128mb card should be good.

The rest of the machine is fine, I assumed by the age of the machine that you are running XP not Vista.

Radar

heres the info i got from dxdiag

Chip Type Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller
DAC Type Internal
Approx Total memory 64.0MB
Current Display mode 1024x768(32bit) (60Hz)

so if i was running Vista that would make the game long alot closer to real?

I want better detail and effects

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

64mb card will be useless in FSX.

It's not very good for FS9.

See if you have an AGP slot on your motherboard, if so you can buy a card to replace the one that's built into your motherboard.

Read this and click on the links to see what the empty slot looks like.

http://www.flightsimulationforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1054&highlight=agp

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jtilawson Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

64mb card will be useless in FSX.

It's not very good for FS9.

See if you have an AGP slot on your motherboard, if so you can buy a card to replace the one that's built into your motherboard.

Read this and click on the links to see what the empty slot looks like.

http://www.flightsimulationforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1054&highlight=agp

Radar

Nah I dont have a AGP port

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try it the way you have it.
Keep the clouds to a minimum, shut off shadows and take it easy with the water textures.
Any AI will eat it up also.
I had a 64mb card when I started with FS9 in 2003, it wasn't the best but it looked pretty good.

Above all, have fun.
Your next machine should be a home built one, buying a Dell isn't the answer unless it's an expensive one and even then you could build a more powerful one for less money.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Fatall First Officer

Well I recommend you to buy a whole new pc.
your processor is to old and everything else to.
You can upgrade it but dell pc's are very difficult.
Just try some sites to build your own pc.!

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1 You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Related Topics