Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Is there an easy way?

Pro Member Trainee
francois1 Trainee

Hello everyone

Is there an easy system to get the F18 to the catapult in FSX Carrier Training please?

One goes blind up to the catapult position and seemingly has no idea when one is in the correct position?

If it were this difficult in real life, I doubt if anyone would ever be able to launch from a carrier deck?

regards

francois

6 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Get the nose wheel inside of the red and white box, lower the launch bar (Shift + U?) and then attach to the catapult (Shift + I).

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

You can change your view with s and a, zoom with = and -, and move around with the hat switch on your joystick or by pressing the spacebar and using the mouse. It's sort of cheating, but I believe on a real carrier there's somebody directing you... So not really cheating 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
francois1 Trainee

Thank you fellas for the tips

regards

francois

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

It is difficult in real life. Just as flying a real F-18 is gee, difficult... That is why not everyone can fly fighters or even so obtain a carrier qualification, and why there are games for those who can't.

Salute!

Pro Member Trainee
francois1 Trainee

Thank you 7ECA-Captain. Flying the F-18 is not the problem. Getting it onto the launch position is!

regards

francois

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Uh Huh.... Try doing it with a real one on a pitching deck at night! That my friend is a tad difficult. Anyway, it wasn't your point, Sorry.