Can't Install FSX....

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

I was having some problems with FSX and uninstalled it, when I attempt to reinstall the program from scratch, I get and error message from installer, "1628 failed to complete installation" Anyone know what this is caused by and how to install the program?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer

Thanks, I've checked out what Microsoft suggested and thus far none of their fixes has worked. I'll look into a few more updates and hopefully be able to get the game reloaded. I have noticed that even though FSX was removed, it still shows in the add remove programs, this might indicate the program failed to uninstall and may be causing the issues. I may need to take it in to a computer shop to resolve the issue as my skills in regard to things computer are to say the least limited. As far as I can tell Microsofts automatic update has installed all the most recent updates, so there I sit...Grounded.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go to Windows update and click on the custom button, you will see some .NET to install, do that.
Just don't use any of their hardware updates.

Everything has to be cleaned out before you reinstall, everything.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3805/

A shop will probably do a clean install of Windows so back up what you want before you go there.
Doing a clean install of Windows is really very easy, it almost does it itself.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks, I'll look into it. In taking a quick look into the problem it seems fairly common. I'll do what updates I can and then try to reinstall FSX.

Pro Member First Officer

Well I've tried everything so far, but no joy. Now I apparently need to do a clean boot by removing all of the start up programs to see if one of them is causing FSX's install issues. This is beyond my computing skills, so it will just have to wait until I can take it in to a programmer... Wink

Last night I dusted of my copy of FS2004 Century of Flight and it loaded no problem. Not as good as FSXwhen it's all up and running smoothly (as if FSX everruns smoothly, hee,hee) in my opinion, but hey, it gets my virtual bum off the ground. If I get the hang of FS2004 and how to download the miriad add ons, I might just sell my problematic FSX and stick with Fs2004. Kinda miss flyin the ol Goose though.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...