Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

What is Happening?

Pro Member Trainee
Mike22 Trainee

This is probably not the correct place to post this but I cannot find any way to contact Fly Away. I have been having problems with this site for the past few days and wonder if others are experiencing anything similar.

Five or six days ago when I entered this site to download an aircraft, all the links worked, except when I clicked on ‘Download’, to download an aircraft. After clicking ‘Download’, all that happened was that the link timed out and the error “Sorry we cannot display the page requested” etc, etc. This went on for a few days.

Now, today, I find that I can download aircraft OK, BUT, when I try to install them I find that all of them, total of five, will not install because of a corrupted file. This is the error message I get when trying to install them.

“Sorry, an error has occurred.
The Application could not be installed because the Air file is damaged. Try obtaining a new file from the Application author”.

This occurs on all five aircraft downlodads, something is amiss!

Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone know what is happening?

Mike.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Server problems.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/34667/servers-fixed-and-working/

I just tried a download and it has a folder in it.
If you'll tell us which you are having problems with ( a direct link or full file name) I''ll try it and see what the problem is..

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Mike22 Trainee

Thank you.

I downloaded five zip folders, all in the FSX category, and the .Air installer package is damaged in each one. This is the first time I have ever come across this type of error. Here they are,

1. fsxca215 After unzipping. Fsx215>Canadair_CL215_V07>.Air CL215-05 Installer Package

2. fsxa10 After unzipping. A 10 Warthog>A-10 Warthog> A-10 Warthog>A10_Warthog Installer Package

3. A-10a After unzipping. A-10a>Aircraft>A-10A>A-10A Installer Package

4. va12a7 After unzipping. A-7 Corsair ll Navy VA-12> A-7 Corsair ll VA-12> A-7 Corsair ll VA-12> A-7E Corsair ll Installer Package

5. b-52hdet After unzipping. b-52hdet>b52h>b52h Installer Package

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I downloaded the warthog and B-52, both fine.
In fact I kept the B-52, I have a soft spot for them and for Mike Stones designs.
I uploaded the 52 from my simobjects/aircraft folder for you here.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Mike22 Trainee

Thanks for your help. The problem is now sorted. However, I have never seen this error/malfunction before.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, after downloading files from this site, a brown folder would be included with the download called .Air Installer Package. If I opened this file (I have never seen this type of file before) I would get the error pop up saying,

“Sorry, an error has occurred.
The Application could not be installed because the Air file is damaged. Try obtaining a new file from the Application author”.

After further investigation I found that every single aircraft in both FS9 and FSX, on my machine, had somehow acquired these files. I haven’t a clue at the moment what has happened but I am working on it.

To clarify what I am describing, here are a couple of screen shots, of the mysterious brown folder, and one of the pop up that appears if I try to open it. These are screenshots taken from the file you posted for me! Scroll down to see the second one.

It’s weird. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That can be opened with notepad.

I think you are running Vista, if so be sure that you are logged in as administrator.
I don't use Vista ( yes I have 3 legal copies) so directions for that would have to come from someone else.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Mike22 Trainee

After further investigation I find that the problem is on my machine. I have downloaded three other Aircraft Files, each from a different site, and each one has the mysterious brown file, as I showed in my screen shot.

When I transfer these three files to my second PC, via a memory stick, then these brown folders just disappear. I am still working on it.

Thanks for your help; now I know it is not your site that is causing the problem. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

[quote="RadarMan"]I downloaded the warthog and B-52, both fine.
In fact I kept the B-52, I have a soft spot for them and for Mike Stones designs.

Does this B-52 have everything, VC and checklist and such?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

I downloaded the warthog and B-52, both fine.

Does this B-52 have everything, VC and checklist and such?

I loaded it but didn't take it up yet. Try it, free to members and your a member.
Enjoy!!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Mike22 Trainee

Thanks. I have just taken it for a flight.

It is missing the virtual cockpit; the cockpit is the default Boeing 747, and the thumbnail for aircraft selection is missing, however, I know how to install a thumbnail.

It has the Boeing B52 Procedures and Reference Information included.

Pro Member Trainee
Mike22 Trainee

Looks like this has been the problem with the brown folders.

http://www.flightsim.com/main/op-ed/ed417.htm

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Mike22 wrote:

Thanks. I have just taken it for a flight.

It is missing the virtual cockpit; the cockpit is the default Boeing 747, and the thumbnail for aircraft selection is missing, however, I know how to install a thumbnail.

It has the Boeing B52 Procedures and Reference Information included.

Thanks for the update!

Mike22 wrote:

Looks like this has been the problem with the brown folders.

http://www.flightsim.com/main/op-ed/ed417.htm

Excellent find!

Radar