Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

now laptop troubles

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

ok i had my laptop on hibernate for a day because i was sick and couldnt stand up without puking so when i started to feel better i went to my computer started it and then after the screen with the options to enter the BIOS or multi boot thing it went to a black screen saying "Loading Error! Press any key to continue..." i tried using my system recovery that came with it but no luck. however luckily i have a live cd of linux so i do have access to my hard drive so anyone wanna help me?

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Did you try rebooting?

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Have you tried accessing the hard drive through linux? That sounds like either your computer can't access the hard drive, or some important file that your computer needs to boot has become corrupted.

In the first case, you're kinda screwed because that probably means your hard drive's going bad. In the second, you should use linux to get all your important files and then do a complete reformat and reinstall of windows.

Good luck!

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

i tried rebooting and i already used the recovery disk that came with it however i dont know whhere the windows disk is. can it be any windows disk? like the same os but a diff disk

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

i tried rebooting and i already used the recovery disk that came with it however i dont know whhere the windows disk is. can it be any windows disk? like the same os but a diff disk

To my knowledge laptops are not supplied with the Windows OS disk, only a recovery disk or something similar.
This means you cannot reformat or make a new, fresh install of the OS (or whatever it may be called). The recovery disk will more or less successfully restore your HDD to the state it was configured by the maker including all the rubbish and useless apps that the maker deems necessary to make your life "easier".

Pro Member First Officer

It sounds like this is the kind of problem that you really need someone who knows computers to help you fix in person... Explaining things over a forum probably isn't gonna work.

Got a computer nerd friend? 😀

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

no because to my friends i am the computer nerd and i have a hunch that its my hard drive because when i start my computer all i here is the fans running

anyone know any good computer help forums?

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

ok after looking thorugh the internet i found the solution and am running good however since i ran the recovery which deletes everything i have to redo everything and re download everything.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

no because to my friends i am the computer nerd///

///however since i ran the recovery which deletes everything i have to redo everything and re download everything.

Remind me not to call on you next time I have computer problems 😛

Anyway, good to hear you're back on track 🙂

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

well everything is 100% again however i have nothing to do now other than listen to music because my World of Warcraft membership ran out yesterday lol

Pro Member First Officer

Aww, don't play wow... You know you lose a little testosterone every time you log in? True story! 😂

Anyway, glad to hear your computer's fixed, sorry you lost all your stuff!