FS2004 runs like ****

Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

My fs2004 is running like Censored. Im getting very sick of it, because even at 800x600 frame, and all slides low, 10 fps at MCO. I am using SKAI, full slider. Any advice? Oh, and my apperence of other objects is super bad, do a strate wing would look really messed up Mad

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I don't understand half of what you are saying but to have your AI (SKAI) slider on full will affect your frame rates. Round about 30% is enough, try that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Please post your specs, would be greatly appreciated

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

I'm at a loss, I recently sold my copy of FSX in favor of FS2004 and am impressed at how well it runs. I have an average CPU and I can run everything at max and have no problems at all. I'm guessing it's not a problem with FS2004...

Pro Member First Officer

Ok- ATI Mobility Radeon X300- Grafics card. That is defeult on my Dell Latitude D610 computer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Dell Latitude D610 Review Unit System Specs

* Pentium M 760 (2.00Ghz w/ 533Mhz FSB)
* 512MB (2x256) PC3200-DDR2 (400Mhz)
* ATI Mobility Radeon X300 w/ 64MB dedicated RAM
* Fujitsu 60GB HD (5400RPM)

Your Radeon X300 can't possibly be a dedicated graphics card but a graphics chip which is integrated with your motherboard instead. It has 64MB of RAM which is very little by today's standards. This means that you haven't much room to tweak or make adjustments.
Frankly, I'm surprised you can run fs9 on this laptop at all. I'd suggest you turn all the sliders down, deactivate all the stuff you don't really need, 3D clouds, shadows, sunglare etc. etc.
After that you can try to gradually push up some of the sliders but only one at a time and see how the sim behaves before you go on to another adjustment.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

There is your answer, no offense but your computer SUCKS!
You need a serious upgrade, I'd say at least 2GB RAM, at least a 256MB graphics card and around 2.50GHZ Dual Core. Should run FS9 pretty good 😉

Pro Member First Officer

I dont want to get too fancy on my computer but ill try.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Westernstyle wrote:

I dont want to get too fancy on my computer but ill try.

Unfortunately you will have to unless you want FS to run badly

Pro Member Trainee
Gene (anidog) Trainee

where does everyone get their picture icons at, which most have attached with their posts..... How are they made... Thanks for any impute

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The little thingies are called Avatars. The bigger ones below the posts are called Signatures.
Scroll to the top of this page and click on Profile - that's where you can make those changes.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...