Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Use of FSX Commercially

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Hi everyone! 🙂
I'm looking for some information on using FSX commercially. Here are some specific questions I have. I'd appreciate any help anyone could offer:

If FSX is incorporated into an exhibit for a non-profit museum, and said museum charges an admission fee to the museum, is this permissible?

Same question as above, except FSX has been modified by a third party (for example a runway was added with use of AFCAD2).

Can freeware found on the internet be used in conjunction with FSX in the above situation?

Can freeware found on the internet be modified by someone other than the author and used in conjunction with FSX in the above situation?

Thanks,
Sam

1 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

See Microsoft ESP: http://www.microsoft.com/esp/.

Microsoft© ESP™ is a visual simulation software development platform that brings immersive games-based technology to training and decision support for commercial, government and education organizations.

Suppose you could just use FSX and the built in Kiosk mode or something, I don't think Microsoft's lawyers would go after you. Also, if you use some freeware in the exhibit, might want to give them credit somewhere and ask permission if you can use it in your exhibit.