Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FS2004 frame lock on ground

Pro Member Trainee
Bogey43 Trainee

I have been having a problem for a while now. I get frame starts to lock up for about 20 seconds every time I start to move the aircraft on gound or when I just land. As soon as I throttle up, the aircraft will move than stop as the frame freezes. Or as soon as the tires touch the runway on landings, I get the same. Once the aircraft is moving after the computer catches up, everything is fine. The aircraft fly's great. Just on the gound is where I have problems. I have tons of memory and I am running the G Force 9600 video card. I have ran every viris scan possable and not much running in the back ground. I even went as far as reloading a new FS2004 program and still the same. Please help.
Thanks

6 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Lower your shadows, AI, scenery and water.
Your CPU probably isn't up to it.

How much memory is tons.

Clean out the old video drivers and install new ones. Let us know how you do.
Ground scenery is very graphic intensive and can freeze an older computer.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bogey43 Trainee

I have 232 gb of memory avalible. I am running a AMD 64x2 dual core processor 4400. I have 2 g of ram and the g-force 9600 video card. My computer is only six months old. I would be surprised the drives would need replaced already. I scaned for back ground files running and found none that are not needed. The fs 2004 worked great the first month I had the computer. My computer guy said everything should work fine. Thank you for the help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Video drivers, not the drives themselves.

Computer usually come with old drivers for the video card and have to be deleted and new ones downloaded and installed.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bogey43 Trainee

Thank you Radar man. I'll give it a try.

Pro Member Trainee
Bogey43 Trainee

I have the latest video drives. Still locks up on ground.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Turn down the autogen and see if that helps.
If not keep it at half way and turn down the scenery.
Shut ground shadows off.

Radar