Getting FSX Today!

Pro Member Trainee
JP (jpalmer2004) Trainee

Hey guys, been about 2 years since i've posted on here lol 😳

I am going to be getting FSX today and was wondering what the difference is between the standard and Deluxe versions.

I built me a new custom PC that should purrr nicely with FSX........

Thanks!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Get the Deluxe.
Why try and save $20 when you are spending hundreds or thousands for a new machine.
I think they have a gold now that combines FSX with the acceleration pack, that way you get more aircraft, scenery and both patches built in.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

Get the Deluxe.
Why try and save $20 when you are spending hundreds or thousands for a new machine.
I think they have a gold now that combines FSX with the acceleration pack, that way you get more aircraft, scenery and both patches built in.

Radar

I'd say go Gold!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What... Gold?? What's next - Platinum - Super Platinum - Botox enhanced Super Platinum...??? Boy, they're sure milking it for what it's worth.
It reminds me of B grade TV shows... the writing's on the wall.

MS sure know how to make enemies out of former enthusiastic supporters.

Pro Member Trainee
JP (jpalmer2004) Trainee

Whats with so many texture but not a lot of aircraft for FSX downloads? I can only find a payware version of the pc-12 darn it lol....

love the game though!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Most of the FSX textures are probably for payware add-ons because many of the freeware developers and repainters have turned away from FSX in disgust.

The exception are those former freeware devs who have turned commercial (payware) because they're sick and tired of being messed about by MS and figured, rightly so, we might as well get payed for our never ending efforts of rewriting first for FSX, then for FSX SP1 - SP2 -Acceleration and whatever is going to happen next.

Why else would devs deem it necessary to mention in their file descriptions that the product is compatible with: Standard, SP1, SP2, and Acceleration?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...