Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Landing?

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

I am having issues with landing at any airport. I have no problem getting there but then knowing how to line up with the runway. Any suggestions welcome.

thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is the most comprehensive post about landing and it is continually being updated.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

...and here is one that actually gets you on your way without causing you a headache:

😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

...and here is one that actually gets you on your way without causing you a headache:

😛

What part(s) don't you understand? I'd be too happy to clarify, but something tells me you have so little clue about this subject that you wouldn't even know where to start.

Who was it that was so against posting in topics where they clearly had no idea about what they were talking about? Ah yes...you.

So, yes, instrument approaches; let's hear your take on them. Or will I just get a) no reply b) the same 4 year old drivel that has nothing to do with this topic. Thought so.

Matt,

Let us know how you get on and whether either of those guides help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

😛

What part(s) don't you understand? I'd be too happy to clarify, but something tells me you have so little clue about this subject that you wouldn't even know where to start.

Who was it that was so against posting in topics where they clearly had no idea about what they were talking about? Ah yes...you.

So, yes, instrument approaches; let's hear your take on them. Or will I just get a) no reply b) the same 4 year old drivel that has nothing to do with this topic. Thought so.

Matt,

Let us know how you get on and whether either of those guides help.

Whenever you turn up here at Flyaway you're either abusive or arrogant. No harm done though, in another year or so the pangs of puberty will have abated and you'll be chasing girls... (or not) - instead of behaving like an ass.

Pro Member Chief Captain

This was actually a constructive prod at some discussion on an interesting topic. But no, as I thought you would...you took the easy route to cover your own lack of knowledge and instead crack on with the personal attacks...no worries though, you've had plenty of practice testing them out.

99jolegg wrote:

Or will I just get a) no reply b) the same 4 year old drivel that has nothing to do with this topic. Thought so.

Do I get a prize?

I'll try again...what is it about the guide you disagree with / think could be improved? Once again, I think the above will apply...

I'll await Personal Attack II.

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

Wow 99jolegg

How old are we! Surprisingly his advice worked and I have no problems landing now.

Jackass!

Pro Member Chief Captain

matt_flyaway wrote:

Wow 99jolegg

How old are we! Surprisingly his advice worked and I have no problems landing now.

Jackass!

Glad to hear it - it wasn't about whether the advice was right or not...it was more about a long running "feud" over the space of 4-5 years...something that you probably wouldn't know about.

Sorry it had to be on your thread!

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

can you use the visual path at all times or only on landing?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Visual flight path ties into the ILS and just depicts the 3 degree glide slope so no, it can't be used in any other phase of flight.

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

Thanks guys for all the instructions you gave. I am still practicing and learning but i am still having problems getting to the right runway. I tried using the IFR function instead of the VFR function. I am guessing this is the harder way of doing things? Should I not be using autopilot so much?

any help would be great!

thanks

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Have you gone through the introduction flights? The missions are one of the easier ways to get used to flying, because most of the time they tell you exactly what you need to do.