Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Control Issues

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Hi, Experiencing a problem common to both my CH Flight Yoke and CH Combat Stick... For some reason they both do not respond in the sim, making both default and add on aircraft veer off of the runway and stall in a wing down attitude. This was not a problem in the last saved game, but now occurs in each new game. I've checked all the settings for the Yoke, Combat Stick, and Saitek thorttles and all seem to be set correctly, Calibration shows all to be funtioning normally... Any ideas here?

Pro Member Trainee
Air-Head Trainee

7ECA-Captain wrote:

Hi, Experiencing a problem common to both my CH Flight Yoke and CH Combat Stick... For some reason they both do not respond in the sim, making both default and add on aircraft veer off of the runway and stall in a wing down attitude. This was not a problem in the last saved game, but now occurs in each new game. I've checked all the settings for the Yoke, Combat Stick, and Saitek thorttles and all seem to be set correctly, Calibration shows all to be funtioning normally... Any ideas here?

Not a Saitek is it? I had a minor issue with a Saitek, the connector was continually working loose.

Took me ages to figure out what was happening, it was so random and intermittent. The last time it happened though it was more noticeable. I had a Rudder HardOver situation beautifully simulated (unintentionally)... The only clue was the flickering lights on the Joystick....Afterwhich none of the controls worked at all.

I changed the connector, and re-assigned all the keys in FS, as they had gone screwy.

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

I have a combination of CH, (yoke rudders and combat stick) , and aM using the Saitek throttle quadrant. I'm thinking my problem is in the FS2004 software and not in the controllers as all test, callibrate and respond as they should. The problem affected all aircraft except for one default flight, but when reloaded it showed the same glitch. I've remove any FS files from my computer and will try to do a complete reinstall when I have both the motivation and the patience. Summers' too short up here to worry about sims for the next few monts, and with garage sales comming up, I might throw the whole lot up for sale.

Thanks for your reply.