HELP!!

Daniel_109 Guest

Just wondering could anyone help me with this, i have fs2002 and i used it with vatsim and BAvitual, but my computer got a virus so i had to re-boot it and everything was gone from my computer, when i went to install fs2002 again it kept saying that it couldnt install because of low swapping memory or a currupt file! It cant be anything to do with the memory cuz i have nothing installed on to the computer yet! Can anyone help me?

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Check your Virtual memory setting in Windows, it's in the control panel under system. It is probably best to allow windows to choose the best settings for your computer. We would probably need more information about your system to help further. Good luck

Its a pretty old computer,hot a 900mhz AMD processor, 128MB ram 30GB hard drive, intergrated prosavage4 3D AGP Graphics and Windows ME.

Daniel_109 Guest

I cant seem to fine the Virtual memory setting in Windows. Can you give me further instructions as to where to find it? That was me in the last post by the way!

Pro Member First Officer
George Leach (CDR) First Officer

Maybe Santa will bring you a new PC.
I have found out that you should have at least 512 MB to run the game good.
Happy holidays my friend.

Daniel_109 Guest

Yes hopefully, but i need to get this workin within the next couple of days, because im with BAVirtual and if i dont fly soon i'll loose all my hours and i'll have to register again!

Pro Member First Officer

What I would do Is send them an urgent E mail and explain that you have PC problems and ask for a temporary leave of absence till you can get your PC fixed or replaced.
CDR

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

If you are running XP try this

Right click the My Computer icon on your desktop and choose Properties,now click the Advanced tab, then Performance,then Advanced Tab.at the bottom you should see a section for Virtual memory,click change and look for System managed size

Let windows choose the size and restart the pc and try again

Hope it helps

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

One of your biggest problems is having only 128mb ram. ME leaks memory, try loading this application and see if it helps.
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/system/maxmem.htm
If you can add 256mb more ram, don't go to or over 512mb ME doesn't like too much memory.

Check these out to see if they help if MaxMem doesn't.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;239094

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192336

http://www.setiathomescreensaverspeed.co.uk/setiathome/swapfile/optimization.htm

Radar

Daniel_109 Guest

Yeah i tried all that and it still wont work!! Its telling me that its an internal error now!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I think it's time to back up what you want to keep and do a clean install of Windows.
ME is a problem OS to start with, the problems you have will just multiply, start fresh.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

WinME is at 200MB Virus that comes in a box!

the simple and easy way to fix it, explained in a step by step way.

1. Write the letter to your VA

2. Acquire a shotgun and a shell

3. Acquire a can of gas.

4. Remove PC from house and place far from trees.

5. place can of gas next to PC.

6. place a rag in the gas, remove rag.

7. let rag hang out of gas can, but part way in the gas.

8. Light rag and run to shotgun.

9. when contents of gas can are burning, shoot can with shotgun, making sure that the resulting explosion engulfs the PC.

10. www.dell.com

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Do you think it would be worth adding 0.5, wear a mask at all times!

Pro Member First Officer

Daniel,
Thats my sons name.
Keep us informed of how you are doing.
These PCS can get frustrating at times but thank god for forums like this.
Here is another forum that might help.
http://groups.msn.com/MyWindowsXP/softwareboard.msnw?&all_topics=1

Daniel_109 Guest

Yes i would totally agree, but this computer being the only access to the internet i have right now, i dont think i'll burn it just yet! Anywho..... im gonna reinstall windows again, but i dont think i ever got a windows me cd with the computer?? Help anyone??

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Have you tried System restore ❓

Daniel_109 Guest

As in restoring the factory settings? Yeah i've done that and it still wont let me install fs2002 again!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

No I meant Windows System restore(Ive sussed you have Win Me 🙄 )
Which will restore the windows settings to a time when everything ran ok,you will loose everything you added after the restore date
Im not sure how to access it(old brain cells Doh! )but try properties on the My Computer icon,orlook in Control panel

Daniel_109 Guest

Theres only one restore date i can choose from and thats todays date!! And my computer isnt running very well for me today!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Have you got the Win Me CD ?
If you have pop it in and reinstall Windows over its self.It will rewrite all main stuff it needs but should leave all your bits and bobs alone

Let me know

Daniel_109 Guest

I dont have the Cd but i'll try and get one somewhere!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...