SearchSearch 

UK2000 scenery airports

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

I have noticed over many months that when landing at the UK2000 airports (such as Gatwick, Manchester, Edinburgh etc) in the evening, just as it is turning to night (and hence the night textures load), my Flight Simulator always crashes, saying I do not have available memory.

I know I have plenty of memory however (3GB RAM and 2 x 256 VRAM) and I do not suffer this problem with any other airport in the world, having landed at plenty at a similar time of day.

UK2000 have told me however that as no-one else has reported this, the problem is nothing to do with their scenery.

I'm interested to know if anyone else suffers from this and if they found a cure?

5 Responses

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I have quite a few UK2000 sceneries and have never experienced this problem, so i'm at a loss what to suggest ! I know this does'nt help you but it certainly is strange if only happening with UK2000 scenery 😕 ! I did have a problem once with a certain aircraft that i could do nearly the whole flight but on approach to any airport FS would crash (it was downloaded from a VA) and the problem turned out to be in the aircraft texture file, but it only affected my PC, nobody else had a problem!

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

It's just one of those weird annoyances FS9 decides to throw at us.

Not to worry, I always save my flight at regular intervals and hence it just requires restarting to complete the flight.

Just thought I would ask anyway:-)

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

But that's just a pain, you should'nt have to, are you using the same aircraft everytime or different ones?

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

Totally different aircraft by different manufacturers.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Well it's not an aircraft texture problem then, sorry i could'nt be more help 😞 !