Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Flight SimX Glitch

Pro Member Trainee
Lennon33 Trainee

There is an annoying glitch in my FSX...When slowing down an aircraft on a descent, the darn thing suddenly accelerates to full speed without warning and screwing up the approach!! If I slow down the craft again, it often kicks in to full thrust again on it's own! Anyone else encounter this problem??

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Sounds like a control input issue. Do you have a throttle? That could be causing your problems, otherwise I'd look through your control assignments in FSX and see if anything is mapped to set full thrust or anything.

Pro Member Trainee
flysully Trainee

When I started useing fsx I ran into a similiar problem.turns out the autothrottle toga mode kept on activating when on approach due to the speed decresing.check the toga mode next time your flyin.make sure you dont turn it on

Pro Member Trainee
Lennon33 Trainee

I don't know what the auto throttle toga mode is! But of that's the problem, all I know is I have an autothrottle switch in the cockpit...but auto throttle toga?? Perhaps you could explain that more, and thanks for your advice in advance - Lennon33

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

TOGA is short for "takeoff/Go around", it's a button that automatically advances the throttles to takeoff thrust. If the airplane is so equipped, it also engages the autothrottles.