SearchSearch 

fsx sp2 problem

Pro Member Trainee
yonitanp Trainee

hey all!

i have legit copy of FSX+sp1 and worked perfectly.

today i downloaded and installed SP2 and now FSX won't work:
"this graphic card does not meet the minimum requirements.......this product requires a geForce3/Radeon8500 class or better graphics card. fsx will now exit."

i have nVidia 9500.....

anyone know ho to fix this? its a pain in the aaa.....

thnks.

11 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try new video drivers, if that doesn't work delete SP2 for now.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
yonitanp Trainee

i really need SP2 since ive purchase captiansim 757 and after installing i discovered it requires SP2 to work....

i think its not reasoable that my computer does meet the rquirements and more but cannot work with SP2....

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your right, it should work.
I guess new drivers didn't work.

When it first came out I installed it on a fresh install of FSX so I can't help to much.
Now I load FSX then Acceleration (it has SP1 and SP2 built in) and am set to go.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
yonitanp Trainee

i cant seem to find the tech support on microsoft....

i really want to work this out!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Not sure what country your in but here is a country by country list of their tech support.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/85b83h8z(VS.71).aspx

(scroll down a way)

Isn't there a contact in the booklet that came with FSX, don't remember too well. 🙄 😀

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Your card appears to be in the budget catecory:

If you have modest ambitions toward playing 3D PC games (say, on a 17-inch LCD), if you'd like to build an HD-capable home theater PC, or you simply want to improve overall desktop performance by cutting your integrated graphics chip out of the equation, the GeForce 9500 GT looks like the clear choice in this price range, at least for the moment. The caveat, as usual with budget cards, is that if you spend just a little bit more, you'll usually find a more substantial improvement to 3D performance. Casual gamers can get by with these very low-end cards, but the more dedicated will want to spring for at least the $150 to $200 price range to see truly respectable 3D frame rates.

The question of course is whether SP2 is more resource intensive than SP1 - I don't know the answer to this.

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

Delete Sp2, sp2 caused me a hell of alot of problems such as

Memory Problems
Game Crashing
Massive amounts in dropping FPS
And a couple more

So i deleted Sp2, and all my problems seemed to dissapear and you add-ons should still work cause my Wilco 737PIC, and Wilco 757Captain said they need sp2 but i don't have it and they still work perfect.
Now i just have sp1, and everything works perfect.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What card do you have truckernick?

Pro Member First Officer

I have Dual Geforce8800GTX graphics cards, if that's what you want to know

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Yea, that's what I wanted to know. Weird... compare that to yonitanp's nVidia 9500 🤔

Pro Member First Officer

yeah well i don't think anything above an 8800 is to good, cause i have read all over of problems with them overheating and cfrashing and bunch of stuff.
And i just don't think they run as good.