SearchSearch 

FSX on Windows 7 and no voices

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

I thought all was working just fine with FSX and Windows 7, but I realized that even though I got engine and enviroment sounds, no ATC voices or my pilot voice either. I have also loaded MFS 2004 and the voices work just fine on it. Is there something in FSX sound that I may have changed to make this happen. By the way, I have checked the ATC boxes in the settings, as well as, my pilot's voice. I am confused. HELP!

P.S. I do get the ATC script on my screen.

4 Responses

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

I found the problem...my speakers were not set up right in the settings for FSX. All is working fine now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You do realize that you just caused all those who are looking forward to W7 to miss a heartbeat? 😂

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

Sorry guys...guess I just got too excited and failed to check everything on FSX settings. I just "assumed" it would not miss a beat when I went from Vista to 7. Guess we all know what "assume" means. I am just glad it runs fine and that I now learned a little more about FSX. 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
Nick Jones (niknak72) Trainee

Your not the only one that switched from Vista too Windows 7 and had the same problem and still dont know how to fix it.