SearchSearch 

Britten Islander BN-2

Pro Member Trainee
upwind03 Trainee

Hopefully someone will have a solution to the following problem.

I've downloaded and installed BN32Rest.zip.....checked that the necessary Dll file is in the right directory........but when I run the BN-Install.exe in the relevant folder in fs9 'Aircraft' I'm informed there is a 'Run-time error '53''.....'File not found'. Obviously I've done something wrong. Any ideas please?

5 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try this.
Go to control panel/add-remove programs and delete that aircraft.
Then reinstall it.
It didn't load the .dll that you needed the first time.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

upwind03 wrote:

Hopefully someone will have a solution to the following problem.

I've downloaded and installed BN32Rest.zip.....checked that the necessary Dll file is in the right directory........but when I run the BN-Install.exe in the relevant folder in fs9 'Aircraft' I'm informed there is a 'Run-time error '53''.....'File not found'. Obviously I've done something wrong. Any ideas please?

Is this the aircraft in question ❓

Search Results for: BN-2Rest.zip

FSX Zambia Flying Doctor Service BN 2B Popular

FSX Zambia Flying Doctor Service BN 2B Islander, version 3. For AI use in FSX. This aircraft is used by Zambia Flying Doctor Service for emergency medical and health services throughtout Zambia. Model by Marcel Kuhnt. Repaint by Bashir Ismail.

Category: FSX Propeller Aircraft
Version:
Compatibility: Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Filesize: 7.30 MB
Added on: Apr-22-2007
Downloads: 1971
Rating: 5.67 (6 Votes)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Please ignore everything that's been said above. The file BN32Rest.zip I've managed to locate at Simviation here : http://www.simviation.com/fs2004props76.htm - 6th from the top. This is obviously a Fix and does not contain the aircraft. The .dll file contained therein I think is only necessary if you install various models of that aircraft.

upwind03 wrote:

..but when I run the BN-Install.exe in the relevant folder in fs9 'Aircraft'

This I do not understand at all. My suggestion: Go to the source and study the page carefully before you install anything. Once you've decided what you want, go for it by all means but if you run into trouble and need assistance, please be more specific 😉

➡ ➡ ➡ http://www.m-r-software.de/ac_eng.htm

Pro Member Trainee
upwind03 Trainee

Many thanks 'Tailhook' and 'Radarman' for your kind help which has guided me successfully through the installation of a Britten Islander BN-2.

However, this success is only partial as there are a number of gauges missing from the panel eg air-speed, and the sound isn't as accurate as I recall.

My interest in this aircraft stems from island hopping in the West Indies aboard this and Twin Otters and Dash 8's.

I'll persist........I would dearly like to get this equipment right.

Meanwhile I would indeed welcome any further suggestions you may have.

Best Wishes.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They have some gauges for download here, try them.

http://www.tradewind.org/NG/Hangars_NG/Tradewind_Domestic_Hangar_NG.html

As for sound, www.avsim.com should be back soon, but you can try www.flightsim.com for sound files...avsim will be better.

Radar