Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

landing the jets

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I got fs2004 about 5 months ago and have nearly mastered all the controlls but whan it comes to landing the 777,learjet and 747 I incounter the following problems:
when I am on final in the 777or747 there is about 15 degrees nose up pitch whitch can be annoying becouse it couses the tail of the aircraft to hit the runway
The learjet is ok until the wheels touch the ground.The nose wheel pitches back up in the air and will not go back down until i jam the brakes on.I was watching the computer try to land the and was suprised to see that it landed the aircraft worse than me.
Is it something i am doing rong or is it something else?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Very Happy It sounds as you are landing with too much speed and guessing where the runway is
On touchdown you want to be at about 140/150 for the big stuff with full flaps(if you cant see the r/way hit Shift and enter on the keyboard and you will move the viewpoint higher in the cockpit,hit spacebar to return the viewpoint)

Hope it helps

Thanks for the help Very Happy but with the Lear45 i still have the same problem Confused

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the help Very Happy but with the Lear45 i still have the same problem Confused

Long discussion about landing the Lear, see if it helps you.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/2993/landing-learjet/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

If you have 15 degree nose up angle when landing the 777 or 747 you either have the wrong flap setting or you are going way to slow or both. Try landing at 150kts in the 777. Depending on weight, you may have to go as fast as 180-190kts in the 747.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Thanks leadfoot Smile I was 170knots on final in the 747 but with the 777 i was going way to slow

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

The folks that designed the aircraft aerodynamics in this sim did a very good job!!!!!! The handicap that we simmers have is that we have no seat of the pants feeling through the sights sounds and physio feelings like in a real plane. So, in some cases, it is more difficult to fly the sim planes.

Anyway, Remember to use the proper V speeds for your planes weight and such. It is designed well in this respect. Simply put, if you fly these planes by the numbers, they will respond properly. A GOOD!!! Controller is way NECESSARY!!!

The lear is a tough plane to fly in real life. I have found that the Lear in FS9 flys just like the real one!!!!!!! Shocked

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Stabilized approach is the answer!!![/b]

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Landing the Lear is tough for probably the primary reason being- When landing, You must have about a 4 degree nose up pitch attitude. The problem is that the view from the cockpit looks as if you are going to drive the nose into the ground. BUT!! The plane is in fact in the proper attitude. SO! The pilot has the tendency to flare at the bottom and!!! UP it goes!!!

So! Chop power at the threshold, flare 1 degree!!!! at 10 feet and land.

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Lear 45 must be landed as flat as possible, concentrate on the approach no real flare just "check" the nose as you cut the throttles.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Thanks for the help Smile i will go try it now