Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

potential merger

crosscheck9 Guest

Hi,
I was thinking, what would it be like if Boeing and Airbus merged. If the employees worked well and minor details were resolved, they could create one heck of an aircraft. I was just curious. Feel free to post you views

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I would have to disagree. I've been on an Airbus before, and I must say that the ride sucked. The aisle felt cramped, and the entire aircraft felt as thought it was not meant for my 6' 3'' frame. 😞

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Bah !!

I find Airbus quieter, smoother and better looking ! But I admit they don't have the Kudos that the classic Boeings have......

DID YOU KNOW ?

There are more Airbus in active passenger service in NORTH AMERICA than there are in EUROPE ! (Kind of ironic seeing that its a European manufacturer).

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I also find the Airbus quieter,and have never lost my bread roll on one(I did on a 737,airpocket Fear very rough for a minute most of the overhead lockers opened spilling stuff all over Fear screams.... Nope not me,far to busy hanging on to the rest of my dinner................seemed a lot longer than a minute and I never found my roll)

747 was smooth.

I often wonder a the wisdom of the new Super doubledeck aircraft that Airbus are building,again talk of gyms,bars and resturants which were all talked about for the 747.......soon lost all that nonsence for more seats 😂 [/u]

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Actually, The Boeing 717, with just over 100 seats, is quieter than the Fokker 100 and the British Aerospace Systems RJ 100, both 90 to 100 seaters. Likewise, the Boeing 767, a twin-aisle, long-range jet, is quieter than the similar A330-200 produced by Airbus.

Finally, the Boeing 757 Freighter is the quietest freighter in the world so quiet that most airports that impose night noise restrictions allow the 757 to operate unhindered.

And, it's also larger, AND quieter than its closest competitor, the A321