FS9 BAD_POOL_HEADER

Pro Member Trainee
captainjones27 Trainee

I'm not sure if this is in the right place but say it it is not.
=========================================

I have recently overcome a problem with my Saitek Cyborg X. It wasn't being recognised by my computer and the 'Saitek Cyborg X (HID)' appeared with an exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager. Techincal Support from Saitek helped me greatly with this and so I have been able to use flight sim again.

BUT whenever I fly, just as either the nose or main gear lifts off the runway, my computer restarts with the BSOD saying "BAD_POOL_HEADER". I have had this problem many times and I haven't been able to solve it, which resulted in me not using flight sim for a whole 9 months.

I have tried to get professional help from Microsoft, but they no longer give support for FS2004. Can anyone here help me? I have already researched the web, to no avail. I have disabled the Indexing Service, as well as trying a clean install (of flight sim).

I have posted my system specifications below:

HP Pavilion m7685.uk
Microsoft XP Media Centre 2005 SP3
2048MB DDR2 RAM
Intel Core 2 6400 (2.13GHz)
ASUSTek Computer Inc Basswood Motherboard
ATI Radeon X1600 Series (512MB)

My computer is about 3 years old, could this be a part of it? Old components?

I am getting a new PC (very good) on Saturday but I would like to be able to fly before then, otherwise I will get extremely bored!

Hope you can help,

Ben Jones

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

First I would uninstall Roxio if you have it, or Nero.
Using search be sure that all of it is out of your machine, reboot and see how it works.
If that doesn't help try this.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];q314060

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
captainjones27 Trainee

I do not have Roxio or Nero and I had tried this previously but I had forgotten about it (I checked and I don't have an UpperFilter or LowerFilter)

Is there anything else?

Cheers

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Not that I can think of.
Sorry
Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

captainjones27 wrote:

I'm not sure if this is in the right place but say it it is not.
=========================================

I have recently overcome a problem with my Saitek Cyborg X. It wasn't being recognised by my computer and the 'Saitek Cyborg X (HID)' appeared with an exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager. Techincal Support from Saitek helped me greatly with this and so I have been able to use flight sim again.

BUT whenever I fly, just as either the nose or main gear lifts off the runway, my computer restarts with the BSOD saying "BAD_POOL_HEADER". I have had this problem many times and I haven't been able to solve it, which resulted in me not using flight sim for a whole 9 months.

I have tried to get professional help from Microsoft, but they no longer give support for FS2004. Can anyone here help me? I have already researched the web, to no avail. I have disabled the Indexing Service, as well as trying a clean install (of flight sim).

I have posted my system specifications below:

HP Pavilion m7685.uk
Microsoft XP Media Centre 2005 SP3
2048MB DDR2 RAM
Intel Core 2 6400 (2.13GHz)
ASUSTek Computer Inc Basswood Motherboard
ATI Radeon X1600 Series (512MB)

My computer is about 3 years old, could this be a part of it? Old components?

I am getting a new PC (very good) on Saturday but I would like to be able to fly before then, otherwise I will get extremely bored!

Hope you can help,

Ben Jones

You didn't mention whether the BSOD only occurs when you run the sim... unless I've missed it. I never thought that it was actually the sim that causes it and why the BAD_POOL_HEADER issue would be caused by your optical drive or the fact that it is not being recognized is beyond me... but then, I am only a dabbler. But shame on Microsoft all the same for no longer supporting FS9. Evil or Very Mad

Now you have disabled the Indexing Service without success, possibly the cause is a corrupted file or folder for which the remedy could be as follows:

Open up Explorer (right click the start button), and expand your directory tree, starting from the C: drive. Click on each folder in turn and see if any cause the BSOD to appear. If so, reboot, and simply attempt to copy the folder, and then delete it.

I found the above here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f34/bad_pool_header-18119/

There appear to be a number of solutions other than disabling the Indexing Service just type BAD_POOL_HEADER into your Google search engine and it'll jump at you.
...oh, you've already done that 😂 in that case, peace be with you Bow Down

In any case I am convinced that it is NOT FS2004 that causes the problem -- anyone disagreeing, bring it on, prove it yo me. 😀

Oh yes, and I WILL make at least one set of copies of my FS2004 disks -- legal or not Evil or Very Mad I will not have Microsoft or anyone else force me to use another sim when I've already paid for FS2004 and am perfectly happy with it.

Over and out.

Pro Member Trainee
captainjones27 Trainee

Thanks for all of your help but my computer's hard drive has just gone and corrupted itself and I am forced to use ubuntu from the cd for a while Evil or Very Mad which is VERY annoying. This problem should no longer exist when I get the new pc but I can't even recover this pc, the hard drive has wiped itself and a Windows XP Home Edition book disk doesn't even work.

Never mind

Thanks anyway

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...