Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Air file is damaged.

Pro Member Trainee
av8r2009 Trainee

I downloaded the c130zh, RAFC17 and USAFC17 aircraft but get the message that the AIR File is damaged how can I correct this. Only been a member here for two days so would appreciate help from someone in the know. Thanks in advance. Happy flying. Sorry these were for Flt Sim 2004.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you tried to fly and the aircraft can't, then download it again (unless you still have the zip) and replace it.
If this is a 2004 aircraft and your trying to use it in FSX then that's the problem.
If you have Vista are they giving you a problem that you can solve by becoming Administrator.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
av8r2009 Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

If you tried to fly and the aircraft can't, then download it again (unless you still have the zip) and replace it.
If this is a 2004 aircraft and your trying to use it in FSX then that's the problem.
If you have Vista are they giving you a problem that you can solve by becoming Administrator.

Radar

Thanks Radarman downloaded aagain and it worked. Happy flying.

Cheers av8r2009

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Good to know, enjoy!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wiserjoe Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

i am aleady doing this please help me by messinging cause i might leave if i can't get it to work

Pro Member Trainee
STRATA Trainee

the a 10 is for fsx and im the admis still not working do i have to save it in the fsx file? i dont know..air file is damaged..someone plz give me the procudure that im supposed to follow..boarding on desprate

Pro Member Trainee
CelticWarrior Trainee

STRATA wrote:

the a 10 is for fsx and im the admis still not working do i have to save it in the fsx file? i dont know..air file is damaged..someone plz give me the procudure that im supposed to follow..boarding on desprate

Hi there... I was having this exact problem until I realized that the .air file isn't an installer in the same vein as an .exe or .msi would be in Windows. You put all of the plane's resources into the /Objects/Airplanes folder (except as indicated for gauges, fx, and the like). THEN, start FSX and select the aircraft in question. It will then install. You might have to answer a system security question, but this will get things running fine.

HTH

Russ

Pro Member Trainee
crinde Trainee

okay, I still don't understand....Wpuld some one walk me through this..i feel like an idiot...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

crinde wrote:

okay, I still don't understand....Wpuld some one walk me through this..i feel like an idiot...

Type fsx how to install aircraft into Google and you're set.

NOTE: Most of these guides suggest one or another 3rd party Zip tool. Ignore that, you do NOT need it if you run XP, Vista or W7 as these Operating Systems have their own Zip tool built in. Just point your cursor onto the .zip file you're working with, right-click and select Extract All from the drop down menu.