Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FSX wont start!!!!!

Just for the record, who thinks the FSX water graphics, when run in HD and highest possible graphics looks just as good as a PS3 or XBOX 360's water graphics?
Flight Simulator X
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Leading Gaming Systems including PS3 and/or XBOX 360
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Pro Member Trainee
klubkonr Trainee

Fsx has been working well for 3 years now, no major problems except for this one:
I tried loading fsx about a week ago, but all I got was the splashscreen and nothing else would happen. I pressed ctrl+alt+delete and it said fsx was not responding. I kept trying to load it again, nothing. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it again, cleared my hard drive of "unnecessary" files and.. parts of files. I installed both service packs, (1 and 2) and still nothing. I will run a defrag when I can, but until then, can someone please help me??? I have seen others with the same issue, but none of their ideas work. I contacted microsoft, but they're worthless... any help would be appreciated, and if someone else has had this problem and corrected it, please tell me how to do so.
THANKS !!!!!!! ALL HELP HIGHLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try deleting the log file, if that doesn't work delete the fsx.cfg file.
One of those should do it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
klubkonr Trainee

CORRECTION ON THE POLE!!!!!!!!:
CHOOSE FSX FOR FLIGHT SIMULATOR X OR
CHOOSE PS3 OR XBOX 360 TO FAVOR THE WATER GRAPHICS OF THE PLAYSTATION 3's OR XBOX's FARCRY 2
PLEASE, JUST LOOK AT A PICTURE OR IN GAME FOOTAGE ONLINE OR ON YOUR SYSTEM AND JUST LET ME KNOW

THESE ARENT NECESSARILY THE BEST WATER GRAPHICS ON THE 2 SYSTEMS, BUT THEY'RE THE BEST ONES I COULD THINK OF THAT APPLIED TO BOTH SYSTEMS

Pro Member Trainee
klubkonr Trainee

where do i find the log file

Pro Member Trainee
klubkonr Trainee

SCRATCH THE POLE!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

klubkonr wrote:

where do i find the log file

Log.

http://www.flightsimulationforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3735&highlight=log