Silly or no?

Pro Member Trainee
rmacttu Trainee

I often prejudge the quality of a freeware aircraft by taking a gander at its file size. Is this a worthy method, outside of having to give every aircraft a "trial" period?!

I suppose file sizes could be inflated easily by paint jobs, no?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

rmacttu wrote:

I often prejudge the quality of a freeware aircraft by taking a gander at its file size. Is this a worthy method, outside of having to give every aircraft a "trial" period?!

You're on the right track. Additionally, frequently the freeware a/c won't include a panel or a soundset which reduces the filesize dramatically considering that a decent soundset for a jetliner can easily exceed 50MB - panels can be quite large to.

Having said that, it doesn't render the a/c unusable as the sound and panel will be aliased to one of the a/c you already have in your hangar, namely the default MS aircraft. Any more questions regarding this matter, don't be shy to ask. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

rmacttu wrote:

I think it would always be best that you just try it out.

Some sceneries can look great and use the default libraries, therefore be small. Also some aircraft, such as Dino Cattaneo's great T-45, is relatively small (zipped around 20 mb), but it's still what I consider one of the greatest freeware aircraft available.

Pro Member Trainee
rmacttu Trainee

I think what I usually "derive" from it is the amount of effort or time taken to build a solid, good looking aircraft.

Granted I can't say much about the LOOKS with my abysmal video card: GeForce 8400GS - yikes! 😳

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...